Vibes on K1300s - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 11:30 am Thread Starter
Noob

Vibes on K1300s

New to forum and my almost new 2014 K1300s . Notice a fair amount of vibes from motor i suspect. Makes my right hand numb after a while. How much is normal, can any throttle body sync be an option.Around 4000rpm seems nice and smooth , above and below 3000rpm is more vibes.
Bike is new to me since 2 months back and is a 2014 which had only 3000kms on it when i bought it.Been fully serviced since new and just before i purchased.
Appreciate any feedback, Otherwise i think it's great.

Regards,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 11:31 pm

How much is normal? Depends on what you're used to.

Bar end weights are the usual solution. I'm on a K13GT so I can't advise directly.

My KGT I believe performs idle actuator synch at ever startup, but that's not your solution (I don't think). Do you have reason to suspect synchronization issues, other than vibration? How old are your plugs, have you looked at them lately?

If the bike is newly bought from a dealer you may have some warranty service or at least, goodwill, due to you. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2019, 6:12 am
Noob

I noticed thw vibes also as the honda vfr800 i had prior was sooo smouth. I did change to a softer grips which helped very slightly but the vibes are just the nature of the beast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2019, 7:52 am
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neub View Post
the vibes are just the nature of the beast
Agreed
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2019, 12:04 pm
Noob

Vibes decrease on mileage, in my experience. Both my K1300S were a lot smoother by the time they got to the 18k service. I still get vibes on the revs dropping down (say 70-80mph in 6th gear rolling off, and the buzz disappears at maybe 50mph), but apart from that, it's not really noticeable.

3000km is barely run in.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 8:41 am
Noob

Vibes

These motors do get smoother as the miles pile up. I'd get some Grip Puppies and start burning some tankfuls.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 1:02 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for the input . I did ride a 2012 version with 20k on the clock and recall it being smoother on acceleration with more vibes under deceleration.
I fitted grip buddies and a kaoko throttle controller which is heavier than the standard bar end weight by about 50grams i think it was. Has helped a bit and ability to remove hand for a rest is a bonus.
I'll look forward to more kms and smoother running as time goes by i hope.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 1:08 pm
Noob

I have a 2015 MS with about 21,000 miles on it now, bought new in 2014.

It has several RPM ranges that are smooth and several that are a bit buzzy, with almost all of the vibration felt in the handlebars. I installed Grip Puppies right awa, though mostly because I like a fatter grip. The Grip Puppies were the single most effective thing I've found for reducing vibration. The engine did feel smoother after the 18,000 mile service, but there are still buzzy ranges.

I've had a number of big four cylinder bikes over the years - 1975 Kawasaki Z1, two K100RS's, a 550 Suzuki, and 3 weeks on a rental Yamaha 1200 in Europe. All of them had similar vibrations and ranges. I just try keep the RPMs in a smooth range.

I also have a Kaoko throttle control, but I don't like it. I did not notice any change in the vibration level, but the angular ridges on the control feel uncomfortable against my right hand. It turns out I don't use it much either. The bike has so much power that speed varies too much with a simple throttle control (like down hills versus up).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 8:41 am
Noob

I have Grip Puppies but don't notice any abnormal amount of buzzing. Especially any amount that would numb my hand.

I had an S 1000 RR that had the numbing issue though. Tried bar weights, different grips, etc.... Nothing fixed it. Ended up selling it due to the issue.

Hopefully yours will get sorted. The K 13 really is a great bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in