K1200s - 2008 @ £3000 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 7:30 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1200s - 2008 @ £3000

Hi Guys, My names Phil and I've been riding a Yamaha Thundercat for 10yrs and feel like it's time for a change.
This K1200s has come up in my search criteria and I think it looks great and seems to have all the mod cons and lots of power?
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ice-asc&page=1

I hadn't really considered a BMW but I like the look, long wheelbase and the fact it's shaft drive.

I did do a bit of research and initially I am a bit scared off by talk of big service bills and lot's of recalls and I saw one comment from a "bmw employee" don't even think about buying one pre 2007??

So my question is, should I forgot about this as it's become cheap enough to fall into my range but will cost me a fortune or this one is a 2008 (should be better?? and if i was to get the VIN can i use that to check recalls somewhere?

Any advice thoughts from fellow owners would be great to steer me a bit....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2019, 9:07 am
Rookie

Garage
The late 2007 - 2008 K1200S were sorted out by BMW. There are a few recalls so get the VIN and call BMW service and they can check if there are any recalls open.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Today, 12:43 pm
Enthusiast

Blimey that’s a major Change from Thundercat to K I could go into a long winded reply if you like but I wouldn’t do it go and find something made in Japan it will work better with the mind set that you have after 10 years with the Yamaha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode