Heard back from Zero Gravity finally - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 10:05 am Thread Starter

Heard back from Zero Gravity finally

I had sent Zero Gravity and email a couple of months back inquiring as to whether or not they'd produce a Double-Bubble for the K-S. I received a reply with a picture of the prototype, and a statement that they tested it with a "long-armed 6'3" rider" and that there was "no buffetting."

I've responded asking for availability and pricing, and will post when I hear back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 12:16 pm
Veteran

so where's the picture???
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 2:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
so where's the picture???
Here you go:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zgk12s.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	118  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Veteran

Very, very, interesting. I currently have the Secdem windscreen and since I have had it for a while I am not sure it does any more than the stock one. Now this looks like it could extend the riding season significantly! Bet it's a pretty penny tho'.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 5:04 pm

I'm looking at that picture and wondering how they can call it a "Double bubble". It looks like a "touring" screen to me.

If they do make the Double bubble as they have done for other bikes, I would be interested to see what it looks like.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r
I'm looking at that picture and wondering how they can call it a "Double bubble". It looks like a "touring" screen to me.

If they do make the Double bubble as they have done for other bikes, I would be interested to see what it looks like.
Actually, their reply did not name it as a "Double Bubble." My original inquiry asked if they would be making a DB for the K-S, and their reply was what it was. I just assumed that it would go under the "Double Bubble" monicker.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 6:58 pm
Veteran

That's their "touring screen" vs a double bubble type screen.. I've had several of their screens, good quality and reasonable pricing. Certainly will be WAY less than the euro screens...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 6:59 pm

Zero gravity has the different styles in their line. They have the ST, Double bubble, SR, and 1 other that I can't remember. The Double bubble has the recognizeable profile as the name implies. The screen you posted a picture of looks like one in their ST line only taller still. ZG usually has a great product at a good price. I hope they make a more "racy" screen than the one they showed you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 4:51 am

John, happy with your screen?

I recall reading ealier that you didn't find any particular benefit to the Secdem, John. I like the looks of it, grey color's nice, but I don't want anything taller. Let me know if you might want to sell it, thanks.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 4:01 pm Thread Starter

I wrote back to them again to ask about Touring vs. Double Bubble, etc... Here's the response that I received:

"The screen in the picture I sent you was our Sport Touring screen. We are working on a Double Bubble version as well as a stock shape. They will all be available in clear or smoke and will be made with 4mm thick plastic rather than the usual 3mm for our normal sportbike windscreens. The cost hasn't been established yet but I expect it to be in the 90-100 range. I'll keep you posted.....ZG "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode