BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Which GS-911 model?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  52874 
#1 ·
2015 K1300s MS here. Likely to be my only bike for a while, but if replaced would likely replace with something like a R1250RS. I had my last bike, a 1985 K100RS bought new, for 30 years.

I'm interested in buying a GS-911 to (at least) review and reset service reminders. I doubt I need a model that is good for more than one user/one bike.

I don't do any work on the bike myself. Not being a mechanic I'd rather pay the BMW shop through the nose to keep this thing in a safe condition for those occasional 150mph blasts.

Which one is the best or the most minimal that works, or which ones should I avoid, if any?

Phxazcraig

#7 ·
Motoscan only works on android.
And it is quite handy to have.
But, i do have to warn anyone that uses the motoscan app:

In certain cases, when coding the ZFE unit, it may write the code from a ZFE "LOW" unit into a ZFE "HIGH" unit. The difference between LOW and HIGH is that a ZFE LOW unit has no ESA, ALARM and Tire Pressure monitor. So if the motoscan app fucks the ZFE then you are in deep shit. Unless you are me and know how to use the BMW Software "Tool32" and NCSExpert....

#11 ·
Motoscan + Bluetooth OBD2 dongle works pretty well for the ~$130 price Mattias mentions, IMHO.

Screenshots here + discussion about what works, what doesn't (apols for cross-referencing another forum, but it's easier than copying the images over):
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=3426.msg42355#msg42355

The thing to bear in mind is the dongle you use. If you buy a cheap dongle based a copy of the ELM chipset* then you'll not get the full feature range.
The Motoscan app guy recommended these units for guaranteed support of service light resetting:

OBDLink LX and UniCarScan UCSI-2000

I have the Uniscan one.

*Example: BAFX ODBII dongle (https://bafxpro.com/products/obdreader). The MotoScan chaps say the BAFX unit I also tried doesn't support the long messages required to reset the date of the service, but it will read and clear trouble codes. So a mixed bag for a lower priced dongle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.