K1300S Lambda sensor question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2019, 8:36 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Question K1300S Lambda sensor question

Greetings,

My first post as I have come over from I.bmw which seems to be down. I have a 2012 K1300S with 17000 km on it. Got it second hand a few years ago. I picked up a Akrapovic full stainless steel exhaust for it and I am fitting it up at home. My question is, if I leave out the Lambda exhaust sensor and disconnect it entirely, will that have any detriment effect on the bike?

The Akra exhaust comes with a threaded hole to put the sensor in but I know from a Ducati that I also have that removing the Lambda sensor did not cause any issues.

Second question can anyone tell me the location on where the sensor wire goes to ? It looks like it goes up and across from the right side of the bike away from the exhaust then disappears over to the left side somewhere. I cannot see where it goes to.

Anyone with help on either of these two questions, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you. Look forward to being part of this forum.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Garage
Hi Brad and welcome to the forum

1st keep the Lambda exhaust sensor in. You may get a error without it. Now with the sensor wire your on the right track, keep tracing it and you'll find the connection. Do not try to clean the sensor Just take it out of the old exhaust and install it in the new one. Be careful that you don't pull or twist the wire.

Your going to love the sound of the Akrapovic.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2019, 12:42 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas M View Post
Hi Brad and welcome to the forum

1st keep the Lambda exhaust sensor in. You may get a error without it. Now with the sensor wire your on the right track, keep tracing it and you'll find the connection. Do not try to clean the sensor Just take it out of the old exhaust and install it in the new one. Be careful that you don't pull or twist the wire.

Your going to love the sound of the Akrapovic.
Douglas,
Thank you. Does it have a white connector on the end ?

cheers
Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2019, 7:29 am

Garage
It should be a black connecter..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2019, 5:10 pm
Rookie

Garage
The lamda sensor will not create any errors (not shown in the dashboard, but saved in the engine controller).
The cable runs up between the clutch cover and frame, and disappears under the tank. The connection plug is in front of the ABS unit. No way to get to it without removing the tank though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode