Accessory Power plug - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Douglas M

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2019, 7:01 am Thread Starter
Noob

Accessory Power plug

I just got a GPS and so was looking at maybe using the accessory power fitting on the left side of the bike. Can anyone tell me what type of male fitting goes into the accessory port or receptacle ?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2019, 1:00 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
I just got a GPS and so was looking at maybe using the accessory power fitting on the left side of the bike. Can anyone tell me what type of male fitting goes into the accessory port or receptacle ?

Thank you
Its called a Hella / DIN Plug. You can find them on the internet everywhere. Get a good one. Don't buy a $2.99 one. The center pin bends on them and shorts out the outlet.
bradp51 likes this.

Last edited by Douglas M; Oct 21st, 2019 at 4:05 pm.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 9:36 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks Douglas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 1:39 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
Thanks Douglas.
Your Welcome
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 8:02 pm
Noob

You can get a Hella DIN adapter cord with a cigarette lighter socket or USB to fit your GPS charger from Amazon.

I have my Garmin charger plugged into one under the seat with the Hella plug zip tied to the frame near the socket and just plug it in when I want to use the GPS.

Glenn
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 8:14 pm
Addict-oholic

These plugs also go by the name Powerlet. On some BMW bike models, there is a special plug tied nesar the battery for power to a GPS and turns on and off with the bike. it is better than running a longer power wire down on the outside of your bike.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2019, 9:18 am
Noob

On A K1300S the gps plug is in front of the battery. You might have to toot sound to,find it.

ZOOMIE
2015 K1300S
2016 R1200RS
FREE STATE OF IDAHO
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2019, 7:05 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Gentlemen,
Thank you all for the answers. Especially about the plug near the battery. Great information really appreciate the responses.

regards
Brad
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Post #7 refers to the factory GPS plug as mentioned, it is part of the DIN socket circuit you asked about. It is three pin. You can buy a matching connector with three wires loose for your connection OEM PN 8 33 004 13 585. It is labled, pin #1 is ground, #2 is a pulse from bike computer for the GPS, Pin #3 is 12 VDC. So you will need to hook up to a dc to dc converter for 5 vdc used by your GPS. It stays hot for 60 seconds after you turn off the key.
It will be cloth tape wrapped to a support just in front on the right side and have a plastic cap inserted to seal it. I suppose you could just cut the bike side connector off and work from there but personally I can't.

Mount Vernon, WA.
tire guy, I'll mount your tires.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2019, 6:00 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beech View Post
Post #7 refers to the factory GPS plug as mentioned, it is part of the DIN socket circuit you asked about. It is three pin. You can buy a matching connector with three wires loose for your connection OEM PN 8 33 004 13 585. It is labled, pin #1 is ground, #2 is a pulse from bike computer for the GPS, Pin #3 is 12 VDC. So you will need to hook up to a dc to dc converter for 5 vdc used by your GPS. It stays hot for 60 seconds after you turn off the key.
It will be cloth tape wrapped to a support just in front on the right side and have a plastic cap inserted to seal it. I suppose you could just cut the bike side connector off and work from there but personally I can't.
Hi. Just checking the specs on my Garmin Zumo 595LM. The USB input is 5 volts but the permanent mount which interfaces with the back of the unit is 12 to 24 volts. Thank you for the post and info. And thanks for that part number

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode