BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

2015 k1300s tpms

5K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Mattias_r 
#1 ·
The front tire pressure monitor shuts off after about 50 miles triggering the yellow caution light. Does anyone have any experience with this? BMW’s price for this part is an outrageous $240.00 !. I’ve seen this part for sale on EBay for about $30.00. I know it’s a Chinese knock off, but has anyone tried one of them?

#10 ·
Well, the tpm and tool arrived. So far, about $22.00. While examining the tpm, I noticed something very odd. The brand name “Schrader” was on it. Schrader is also the brand on the receiver on the bike. The TPM appears to be identical in every way to the $225.00 item in the parts fische. There were complaints from some members of the BMW MOA forum about buying high priced bearings from the dealer with BMW on the box and CHINA on the bearing. I can only assume that our over priced high quality, German made motorcycles are assembled with Chinese parts, as are some of the F series bikes. Rant over.

#12 ·
No, to wake up a sleeping sensor you need to activate it, different manufacturers use different magnetic frequenzies.

If you have the sensor ID you only need gs911 or motoscan. If not you need the bike hooked up to gs911 or motoscan in learn-mode and then at the same time wake the sensor up, then the bike will read the ID. If you dont have a activationtool you can drive the bike at 35km/h and it will awaken it self, but having the bike hooked up to a computer in learn-mode and driving it while operating the computer seem's a bit dodgy regarding safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.