Wide Band Sensor with Dimsport - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 4:26 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Wide Band Sensor with Dimsport

Just doing the rounds of the other forums and there's mention of a digital wide band sensor that could possibly be used with a Dimsport unit - if I've got it right. The wb sensor available from Dynojet / Powercommander appears to have an analogue gauge but perhaps that is converted from a progressive electronic output. If a full on digital wb sensor providing real time data on AF ratios was hooked up to a fully programmable ECU (Dimsport?) then the days of the "dino" could be done. A reasonably skilled operater could do the mapping job themself.

What can you tell us Ken ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 9:01 am
Enthusiast

yes, we have a unit to test that uses a wideband o2 sensor to display real time a/f ratios. the control unit is the size of a small radar detector and also has the ability to output a narrow band reading so the factory ecu can still function properly. the unit runs $375.

regards,

ken zeller
evoluzione cyclesports
www.evoluzione.net
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 1:36 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenz
Just doing the rounds of the other forums and there's mention of a digital wide band sensor that could possibly be used with a Dimsport unit - if I've got it right. The wb sensor available from Dynojet / Powercommander appears to have an analogue gauge but perhaps that is converted from a progressive electronic output. If a full on digital wb sensor providing real time data on AF ratios was hooked up to a fully programmable ECU (Dimsport?) then the days of the "dino" could be done. A reasonably skilled operater could do the mapping job themself.

What can you tell us Ken ?
How would this differ from the Power Commander III? It was my understanding that AF ratio is fully programmable using its wb sensor and gauge.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 7:40 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman
How would this differ from the Power Commander III? It was my understanding that AF ratio is fully programmable using its wb sensor and gauge.
From what I've read Dynojet / Power Commander is not going to produce a unit for the K1200S / R. It appears potential sales numbers don't make the effort viable for them. Much more savvy people than I will ever be don't appear to be able to show results using the PC on the K1200S/R.

My take on the whole thing is that if you can find a smaller, more interested organisation thats producing results then go with them. Ken seems to be kicking goals in customer service and the right gear.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2006, 7:03 am
Addict

Does Evoluzione offer a Dimsport with a relevant map for a particular slip-on?

I realize altitude, humidity, e.t.c. would differ, but it should be in the ballpark?

Yes?

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2006, 4:50 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider

I realize altitude, humidity, e.t.c. would differ, but it should be in the ballpark?

Yes?
I don't have any detailed info on the products but the AIR DENSITY issue (alt, ambient air press, relative humidity, temp) that I understand is created with the removal of the O2 sensor is something that has bothered me since they have been getting disconnected. The disconnected state is close to be behaviour of carbies - I think. They worked OK but there was always the immediate issue of air density at that particular time and location.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2006, 6:03 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider

Yes?
we have devloped several maps for different setups (just let us know your bike's setup and we will preload a map for you). as to the atmospheric conditions, the stock ecu will will compensate for those changes. also, there is no need to remove the o2 sensor as it works with the dimsport box.

regards,

ken zeller
evoluzione cyclesports
www.evoluzione.net
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2006, 9:57 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

So Ken does this mean that YOU develop a good working map with appropriate AF ratios to suit the modifications and gas flow upgrade and the stock ECU is left to manage some level of additional adjustment based on the std O2 sensor ? Does this mean the closed loop std programming is retained or selectively overridden by the Dimsport / WB Sensor package.

Is possible then for the owner to fine tune or create additional Dimsport map "pages" or files that might cater for significantly improved ram air effects that create higher air box pressure with increasing speed. The alternative is to have software that just works out in real time the best engine timing and injector dwell to satisfy the specified AF for that rev and throttle change / load condition. ie timing as advanced as possible just short of knocking and injector dwell varied for the AF ?????

If someone was looking to upgrade from std "everything" would this be the best program or can you make some suggestions please:
1 - make the physical changes (including Dimsport and WB sensor ?)
2 - get the bike to the dealer
3 - dealer disconnects battery and erases earlier "learnt" ECU settings
4 - dealer installs latest BMW ECU software upgrade, TPS reset
5 - ride away and give it some stick so it "learns" the new BMW ECU settings and has an upper range to work to ?

You may have guessed by now that I'm a slow learner if some earlier questions have been repeated but the use and complimentary roles for the two control units has me a little confused...........or should I just have a glass of warm milk / double whatever and a short nap and wait for an exact, fully sorted and paid for solution to be sent in the mail.

Thanks Ken.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2006, 7:50 pm
Veteran

I'm lost on all of this so, is there a PCIII or something similar on the market now for the S bike? Does anyone have one, or are we still dealing with 7.0, 7.1, etc issues?

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode