12k service - how much ? $$$ - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 3:12 pm Thread Starter

12k service - how much ? $$$

I need to take my bike in tomorrow for the 12k.

Anyone know about how much $$$ I can expect to pay?

Should I bring some KY?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 4:07 pm

This is how I got scared into buying a maintenence agreement: 36 mo. for $1700 bucks - I was told that if you ride an average of only 6k miles per year, it would pay for itself. I ride about 10k and obviously, you are riding more. That being said, the 6k service should have cost about $400 +/-, right? If you have to do any of the valve adjustments, I was told that it's a flat $500 bucks. They factor that into the cost of the service, so it would not be $900, but I would imagine around $700+/-? All conjecture. Please keep us posted!!

-JBF
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 5:20 pm
Veteran

Look in the owners manual, see what's called for. A lot of stealer..I mean dealers try and get you for stuff that isn't needed. 12K service is oil and filter and checking a bunch of little stuff.. I doubt valves will need adjustment or even checking, air filters are easy DYI, fuel filter not at 12K, brake fluid flush if the bikes a year old maybe.. really ain't that much at 12K.. 24K that's another story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 5:21 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-A
This is how I got scared into buying a maintenence agreement: 36 mo. for $1700 bucks - I was told that if you ride an average of only 6k miles per year, it would pay for itself. I ride about 10k and obviously, you are riding more. That being said, the 6k service should have cost about $400 +/-, right? If you have to do any of the valve adjustments, I was told that it's a flat $500 bucks. They factor that into the cost of the service, so it would not be $900, but I would imagine around $700+/-? All conjecture. Please keep us posted!!

-JBF
$400.00 for a 6K service lot of money for an oil change!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2006, 6:10 pm

That's what they scared-ed me with, anyway when I bought the "S"...

My 'GT was about $300 @ 6k visit and around $400 @ the 12k visit, back to $300 @ the 18k, but the kicker was the 24k-- That was at $480 bucks...

I was told originally that the "S" was cheaper to maintain than the GT. I guess we'll see...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2006, 1:56 pm
Addict

i found that service prices vary from dealer to dealer and sometimes the diffeences in dollars is huge. when i was looking at getting the 36,000 mile service for my KRS the cheapest was a little over 300 bucks and the most expensive was over 500 bucks. fortunately there are 3 BMW dealers within a 45 minute drive of my home which promotes competition and provides me with a choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode