Givi PLX racks on K1300S!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2020, 11:05 am Thread Starter
Noob

Cool Givi PLX racks on K1300S!!

Hello all. I've had several of these awesome BMW K Bikes and have always wanted to install Givi's removable PLX racks on one. Stupidly enough, Givi ONLY makes the kit for the "R" model and not the "S". I know someone a few years ago modified a different PLX kit to the K1200 and K1300 but I didn't want to go through all that fabrication. So I bought an "R" kit and proceeded to install a "R" tail on the "S" so the kit would kit like a glove. I found a donor "R" bike that had a full carbon fiber body and bought the tail and seat. The install was seemless as the subframe for the "S" and "R" are indentical and even have the predrilled holes for both tail kits! You can either swap out the undertray (as the "S" pan will hang out a bunch) or just trim it as I did with a Dremel tool. I'm having seat maker simply re-do the fron of the "R" seat to fit the "S" tank (yes, they're slightly different) and Bob's yer uncle! I can now mount the new V37 bags and remove the racks in 30 seconds (with 5 1/4 turn fastners) to have the sleek sportbike look. PLUS, the slimmer "R" tail looks awesome on this bike. More complete pics when the cases arrive! Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2020, 11:13 am Thread Starter
Noob

Arrow

Pics....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ratil4.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	26039   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtail2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	26041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rtail3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	26043  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode