Exhaust flap servo motor fault 10313 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2020, 1:10 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Exhaust flap servo motor fault 10313

I finally screwed up my courage to hook up my GS-911 to my new to me second hand, well out of warranty, 2015 K1300S. There were a few known bulb failure faults. All faults cleared except an Exhaust Flap Servo Motor fault 10313. Do I play BMW mechanic, buy and install a new one? Or is there a better, cheaper (those things cost nearly $260.00) more elegant fix? The bike runs fine, but does pop on a 4th to 5th shift assist shift. it has an Akropovic exhaust. I’m wondering if the previous owner didn’t disconnect it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Garage
Did you start the bike? if not id does show error when reading the codes, same on my, the servo works fine but i get a code with only ign on, probably due to the fact that it does not actuate when engine off so computer does not get a signal from it. Check under servicefunctions and i think you can make it move for functioncheck without engine on.

Exhaustpop with an acra and qs, if you only get 1 pop, you're not opening the throttle enough...it should pop and spit flames on all shifts, no danger. The flap is just there to reduce noise and is more closed the less throttle is open, an adjustable DB-killer so to speak. If you disconnect the wire to the flap it stays in full open position, disconnect the servo and it stays in closed and bike would not run on higher rpm's.

Jupp.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2020, 4:49 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Thanks for the input. I’ll recheck it. I’m still learning my way around the GS-911.

A POP and flames with each shift? N E A T!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 10:44 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Okay, I hooked up the gs-911, fired up “Death Wish” and lo and behold, the 10313 error code is still there Bike runs beautifully, but a non-clearing error code is still troubling. Now what? Where is the servo located? It appears to be in the bowels of the motorcycle, of course.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2020, 7:43 am

Garage
Does it actuate in servicemode or when using throttle with engine running? If so forget about it.

Jupp.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2020, 9:50 am
Noob

Iím still on the learning curve. I wasnít aware of a service mode. I guess I need to dig through the GS-911 some more. How do I tell if the valve is working when I use the throttle? Can this be done without removing the can? I donít think it would run too well at full throttle with the valve closed. Frankly, I think the valve is a pain that could become a real problem in the future. I believe that it will default to open if I just disconnect the Bowden cable? If I elect to do that, how do I remove the plastic splash guards?

Youíve been a big help with this. Thank you for your time, patience and knowledge.

ZOOMIE
2015 K1300S
2016 R1200RS
FREE STATE OF IDAHO
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2020, 10:29 am

Garage
If it were closed the bike would not run at high rpm. The cover is screwed on if my memory is not totally off.

Disconnect the cable andut flips to fully open yes. Some do just that and tuck the cable away, servo works but flap is always open.

Never heard if an actual problem with this part.

Jupp.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2020, 1:04 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Thanks, again. This part reminds me of a side stand switch. Itís not necessary for the bike to function, and it is just something that could be a nuisance down the road. Iím beginning to think Iím making a mountain out of a mole hill, though.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
Thanks, again. This part reminds me of a side stand switch. Itís not necessary for the bike to function, and it is just something that could be a nuisance down the road. Iím beginning to think Iím making a mountain out of a mole hill, though.
Think you are, even if the servo fails when out riding, just unhook the cable or cut it off and the flap opens.

Jupp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode