LED Lighting Resistor Knowledge - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mattias_r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2020, 12:03 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Hello all,

Todays question is about LED lighting for my 2015, K1300S. Last fall I installed the Cyclopes Low Beam and Parking lamp. All went well without any Lamp Failure indicators. This winter I installed LEDs in the turn signals and again no Lamp Failure indicators lit up. Recently I installed the High Beam bulbs (2) and the Lamp Failure indicator came on when I used the turn signal and would flash when the turn signal flashed and then would stay on steady. Took the bike for a ride and would run thru the start/shut down sequence a few times but the indicator stayed on.

This morning I took out the (4) turn signal bulbs and replaced them with the OEM bulbs and now it seems fine. I would like to use the LEDs in the turn signals to make the bike more noticeable. My thinking is I'm significantly under the Amp draw for the lighting circuit and that is causing the Lamp Failure indicator to come on? Do I need different turn signal bulbs (ones that draw more)? I bought them from suggested seller from Amazon that I read about from fellows here. $40.00 for the (4) of them pretty much. They seem like they are well made and they fit perfectly and are significantly brighter.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

After a few more email exchanges with Cyclops I’m going to try a resistor on one high beam bulb to add some load. I’ll report back.

Last edited by magellan444; Mar 27th, 2020 at 6:20 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2020, 1:27 am
Rookie

I'm running MZS LED H7 bulbs (from Amazon) on my 2008 K1200S in both high beam and low beam locations. No LAMPF faults and they're super bright. They fit neatly inside the headlight housing with out issues. Frankly, I think Cyclops is outdated and expensive for what you're getting. The MZS bulbs were about $35 for two. I bought two sets for $70 and have a spare if I need it.

Hornig makes replacement LED panels for the rear turn signals that will not cause a LAMP fault, but I have yet to find plug in bulbs for the front turn signals that will do the same.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2020, 8:53 pm

Garage
These work in the front, bright as hell, no need for resistors.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328191...a8084bb&is_c=Y

To the threadstarter, get a hold of 4pcs 1W 68ohm resistors, connect one to each turnsignal and you are good. Remember connect the across the wires, paralell, not in series. Keep them from touching plastic if you intend to keep the turnsigals switched on for more than a few minutes, they get hot.
jkaiser likes this.

Jupp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode