2008 K1200S ABS Module location? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2020, 3:04 pm Thread Starter
Noob

2008 K1200S ABS Module location?

Does anyone know where the ABS module is located on my 2008 K1200S. I just bought the bike used and the ABS module just sh*t the bed. I now see that it is not uncommon. I want to remove it and send it back to module master for repair but I'm not sure on the location and do not want to just start ripping the bike apart looking for it. If anyone knows of any videos on removing it the would be AWESOME also.

Thanks

SkiGod401
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKiGOD401 View Post
Does anyone know where the ABS module is located on my 2008 K1200S. I just bought the bike used and the ABS module just sh*t the bed. I now see that it is not uncommon. I want to remove it and send it back to module master for repair but I'm not sure on the location and do not want to just start ripping the bike apart looking for it. If anyone knows of any videos on removing it the would be AWESOME also.

Thanks

SkiGod401
If I remember correctly, its under the tank/seat area. I was able to take just the electric motor portion out and rebuild it myself without having to bleed or drain the brake fluid. It was a bit hairy work, but after sanding the motor brushes down, the problem has not come back. Here is a link to the thread, and I think I showed some after pics, of how I managed to pin the electric motor back to stay in place.

https://www.k-bikes.com/forums/40-k1...tml#post274779
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2020, 6:44 pm
Noob

I pulled my ABS unit out of my 2006 K1200S 3 years ago and sent it to a repair company in Germany. It cost me NZ$900 to get it repaired with 5 years warranty and about NZ$150 for freight. It took 3 weeks from send to receive back.
I had the BMW dealer put it back on and bleed it all for NZ$400 and it has been perfect ever since.
The unit is under the rear of the fuel tank and is very fiddley to remove but after about 2 hours it was out and ready to go away for repair. (NZ$1 = approx US$0.60c now but was about US$0.75c back then)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2020, 4:48 pm
Noob

Dealer pulled mine for me. But yeah under the gas tank and airbox area, because they replaced the airbox under warranty recall at the same time. From there I sent it Mod. Master, dealer re-installed, been fine ever since. Also did spark plugs and a few other things while it was opened up.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2020, 7:20 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thank you for the info. It is so expensive to have it fixed at the dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode