K1300s tires - Angel GT 2? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By richtea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2020, 12:06 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1300s tires - Angel GT 2?

Anyone tried the new version of the Pirelli Angel GT? Time to order another set of tires. My last four sets have been Angel GT version 1.

Also interested in the latest Metzeler. If anyone here has experience would love to hear about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm

Garage
The Pirelli Angel GT version 1 & 2 are great tires, I've had 4 sets of 1 on my Kawasaki and 1 on my BMK K1200S

I was not a fan of the Metzelers I had on the Kawasaki. The center wares down faster than expected.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:17 pm
Enthusiast

This link is from another post somewhere but it has good information on sport touring tires. Your Angles have some good words at the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Mount Vernon, WA.
tire guy, I'll mount your tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2020, 2:47 am
Noob

I just put Dunlop Roadsmart II's on the back.

They seem ok. Bike more willingly leans now, but I think that would happen w/any new tire
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2020, 3:35 am
Noob

They're as good as the originals, Craig, i.e. they track nicely on corners, no nasty surprises, and work well in the wet too. They also seem to lasting well so far, on UK tarmac, as did the originals (7K miles per set).

I've also tried Dunlop, Metzeler, and Michelin across 40k miles on a K, and the Pirellis are still the best overall, with Michelin being a very close second.
My II's aren't yet worn down far enough to know if they 'whiteline', which was my only negative against Mich PR4.
Quiltzig likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2020, 5:25 pm
Rookie

Tires

I agree with Fried Chicken.
I had the Dunlops installed at the Lebanon Tenn. rally last summer and I am very pleased with them. I have always run Michelin on all my bikes and cars.
At the rally they didn't have the Michelins in my size and I needed tires. The Dunlop guys said the Road Smart II were specifically design to compete with the Michelin Pilot roads in grip, tread wear, and wet capabilities. They have that tread type that the openings get bigger the more they wear so as to increase the wet grip. They are a multi-compound tire, harder in the middle, softer on the sides.
They're price point is cheaper than the Michelins but are designed to be like them, and they are USA company now.
I am satisfied with them and will buy them again.
du907

Last edited by du907; May 24th, 2020 at 5:32 pm.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 6:48 pm
Noob

Yes, I fitted a set a couple of months ago just prior to lockdown, so have only done one ride since, but the grip feels slightly better (it was always superb before anyway). Looking forward to more kms in the spring, so will report more at that time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode