BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K1200s replacement radiator

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Beech 
#1 ·
In Uk - current radiator has just disintegrated just after a full service - salt and general neglect. Looking on fleabay for replacements - does k1200r 2005 compatible with K1200s - different part number etc but visually looks exactly the same - any advise / guidance appreciated.

#2 ·
#3 ·
If the part number is different, the rads WILL be different. By how much, who knows, but I would not by a part unless numbers are the same. Of course if you want to pull yours out and compare them side by side then go for it.

#4 ·
I checked the numbers for a K12S and K13S, the same. The K13R is does have a different number. In MAX there is no listing for a radiator for a K12R. So There is a risk here. All the illustrations look the same but that does not really confirm anything. If you are going to keep the bike for a few years, I would buy a new one. There is a serious possibility that a new one will not be available in the near future. Also , Canada has a few of these rare bikes on the road, more than in the USA. I would call a parts guy who knows something and inquire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.