Bike rear ended...be careful! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 9:55 am Thread Starter
Addict

Bike rear ended...be careful!

This happened earlier in the week on a road I use to go back and forth to work on.

Based on the pic, I can only assume that the guy was sitting on the side of the road when he got rearended by a soccer mom with a Yukon full of kids. I have not heard yet if the guy made it or not.

Be careful guys whenever you pull off to the side of a road...!

http://www.cherokeecountyfire.org/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 10:28 am

Welcome to the HOTLANTA

Welcome to the ATL......

In my end of town, live in Cumming, work in Alpharetta. Soccer moms on large, and I mean large, SUV's have been the only cause for two times when I got close to getting clipped, one time the lady felt so bad for doing what she did that she followed me home got out of her SUV and apologized to me profoundly.

Motorcycles have been and are becoming even MORE everyday modes of transportation to people. I don't want special treatment I could have been on my car. But she would have clipped me for sure if I was driving because it would not have been enough room, she did not because hit me because I was on my bike and there was plenty of room for ME to get out, she, she never even saw me until I honked my horn , very nice and loud, LT horn, and gave her the BIRD. Then is when she realized it.

Another one, cut me off to a point I was on the grass and out of the road, this time I FOLLOWED her, she pulled into the Mall, off course, stopped I came up to her and cursed her out.....you know what she said. Sorry I never even saw you, I am too short to see anything on my rear view mirrors...... I could have killed her man.

Anyway, I think accidents will occur more often, and we will have to keep getting more and more defensive on our riding.

The article says the guy had lots of internal injuries......I hope he pulls through.

Darcy Bastos
2006 K1200LT
Atlanta, GA
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:35 pm
Addict

i hope the picture is not where the rider was first hit by the SUV rather that's where both vehicles ended up. if the rider stopped on that tiny bit of shoulder he might as well have stopped in the middle of the road. when pulling to the shoulder you've got to use some common sense and pull over as far as possible. there are way to many drivers in cars with their heads stuck up their asses doing crap like applying make up, reading, eating, talking on the cell, etc so you've got to be careful. i hope the guy pulls through

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode