Headlight modulator install - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 1:14 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Headlight modulator install

I'd like to find someone who has installed a headlight modulator that can help me figure out the best way to penetrate the black caps on the back of the lights. Or some other solution. . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 2:02 pm
Addict

The last one I installed was for an H4 bulb so my experience is not directly applicable - but won't let that stop me from giving an opinion.

My approach would be not to penetrate the cap on the back of the bulb, but instead get one of the modulators that doesn't have a socket and wire that into the lead to the high beam. That way you only need to cut a single wire and splice the ends to the modulator leads. Of course you also have to connect the modulator ground lead and mount the light sensor. Those splice in modulators are pretty small and easy to wire-tie somewhere.

Looking at Kissan's site http://www.kisantech.com/ , I see they have lots of modules that connect different ways. Kriss is an alternative http://www.kriss.com/

Those things do work - especially in those cases where a bike tends to get ignored. Left turners, for example. And brain dead drivers who pull out right in front of you from a driveway or side road. They can also be used for left lane bandits - close at ~20 mph speed differential then flip on the high beam (one that's modulated) when close behind. Works best if you position in the far left side of the lane so they get the flash in both inside and side view mirrors at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode