Full exhaust vs slip-on ....help needed. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 10:03 am Thread Starter
Addict

Full exhaust vs slip-on ....help needed.

Guys,

I currently have a Laser Duo-tech slip-on...love the sound, love the looks.

Does the full system eliminate the cat converter all together?

I'm wondering if it's the cat that's causing the low speed fueling issues?

Can the emmission's crap be bypassed on a slip-on for "off road" use only?

To those that have a full system w/version 6.x, is the on/off throttle response good? Do you have any popping on decel?

I anyone running a Laser Header with a Laser Duo-tech slip-on?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 10:41 am
Rookie

the cats in the stock muffler, if you have a slip on its gone already. All systems retain the o2 sensor. Bikes in now for service and the 6.0 latest version i'll let you know how it works.

Now: K1200s
Then:
Zx-11
95 GpZ 1100
GS 1150ESE
86 Gpz 1100
K 1000rs
Gpz 750 T
xs 1100 ms
xj 1100

"there are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots"...............
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 11:09 am
Enthusiast

I have a Leo Vance slip-on and the 6.0 software upgrade and yes, I get the popping on deceleration. As for the throttle response issue, I can't really say. I have had the 6.0 upgrade done twice and to be perfectly honest with you, I would have preferred to have kept the original.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 3:22 pm
Addict

Full Ti system

I have the Remus Full Ti system with the 6.0 on my '05....
It pops, it bucks at low rpm (less than 2500) and has the "on-off" throttle....yeah, me too, wish I never had the upgrade. That being said, there's a theory out there that suggests it's the summer fuel with ethanol that's the cause. I'll know in a few months I guess.
Pete
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 3:39 pm
Enthusiast

Haven't heard that theory but you never know. Wonder if a bit of octane boost would make a difference. Might offset the loss caused by the ethanol. What are your thoughts?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 4:34 pm
Addict

Bad gas

I'm heading over to my local speed shop tomorrow for some CAM2 high octane and will advise IF it makes any difference....sure hope so. The info I have on the ethanol is since it's made from corn, it has only 40% of the energy of gas, so while we struggle to go up a hill, we at least will burn more fuel doing so....all this for cleaner air! Yipes! Further I understand, a higher energy foreign enthanol is available, but Bush has imposed such a high import tariff on it so as to make it cost prohibitive. Our government at work....again.
Pete
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 8:50 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Well, I'm contemplating asking my service manager if I can go back to 5.whatever - I'm going to offer him dinner, only cause I bugged him for 3 months
about getting 6.whatever (which was supposed to fix everything - thanks alot to you bastards that said that!). Me thinks you guys are full of shite!

Confucious say - be wary of rosy man who say everything good.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2006, 10:55 pm
Enthusiast

Let us know if there is a difference with the racing fuel. Although I would be surprised if it makes a significant difference. You never know though.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2006, 4:21 pm
Noob

I have the Remus full Ti system which I mounted myself, prior to this I read postings on many sites and discovered an interesting step to complete after installation. I also have the evoluzione race filters and still run v/5.x (as far as I know, having my bike in for an extra oil change last month... hopefully they didn't hit me with an upgrade to v/6.x that I don't know about) the dealer gets to change my oil one more time (only at 4,000 miles)

This step involved disconnecting the battery, reconnecting, turning the key switch to on but not starting the motor, twisting the throttle from idle to full on 3 times (with motor not running). Turn the key off and then back on and starting the motor.

I do not have "popping" on deceleration, there is some idle rpm variation (1100-1250 pulsing) but for the most part the throttle is responsive.

This weekend I will have a dyno completed to determine what the gains may have been achieved with the current configuration and the discuss possibility of adding a chip/power-commander to the mix.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2006, 7:37 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider
Well, I'm contemplating asking my service manager if I can go back to 5.whatever - I'm going to offer him dinner, only cause I bugged him for 3 months
about getting 6.whatever (which was supposed to fix everything - thanks alot to you bastards that said that!). Me thinks you guys are full of shite!

Confucious say - be wary of rosy man who say everything good.
I guess I'm one of those bastards, although I haven't posted as such. I love my slightly less than perfect S. Its positive characteristics so far outweigh the negatives that, to me, it's imperfections are a non-issue. I would suggest you sell the piece of shit and get one you like so you don't feel compelled to continue badmouthing it.

It's not the speed that kills, it's the rate at which the speed diminishes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode