Anybody Else Going to Laguna Seca? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2006, 5:46 pm Thread Starter

Talking Anybody Else Going to Laguna Seca?

Are there any other "S" riders or BMW folks making the pilgrimage to Laguna Seca??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Looks like myself and a friend are headed that way from Seattle. These are last minute plans so we are scrambling to find accomodations. We might end up camping.

We're both on K1200S.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2006, 7:30 pm
Enthusiast

Leaving Oregon

We have a group of 10 leaving from Eugene Oregon on Wednesday with some side trips through the wine country.
Xlr8r - if you need a room let me know asap as we have one in Monterey that we dont need that MAY not have been turned back to the hotel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2006, 10:08 pm
Just saying hey

What day you going down?

Jet-A,

I am thinking about heading down Saturday morning, from San Francisco. What day are you leaving?

Duncan

Current Garage
'06 BMW K1200S

Last edited by baduncadonk; Jul 17th, 2006 at 11:04 pm.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 2006, 10:25 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r
Looks like myself and a friend are headed that way from Seattle. These are last minute plans so we are scrambling to find accomodations. We might end up camping.

We're both on K1200S.
Nice,

Keep an eye out for me...'06 Indigo/Alpine from Seattle. I'm leaving tomorrow with a couple buddies.

Sorry we got 1 hotel room for 3 people otherwise I'd invite you guys to crash with us.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 1:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceThePower
Nice,

Keep an eye out for me...'06 Indigo/Alpine from Seattle. I'm leaving tomorrow with a couple buddies.

Sorry we got 1 hotel room for 3 people otherwise I'd invite you guys to crash with us.
We're leaving Thursday. We found a B&B in Monterey. My friend has a blue and white S and mine is a Bumblebee with black wheels.

Probably no chance we'll run into you in the sea of bikes but you never know.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 9:35 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baduncadonk
Jet-A,

I am thinking about heading down Saturday morning, from San Francisco. What day are you leaving?

Duncan
We're leaving on Thursday morning to get to the coast ASAP. It was 108 F here yesterday and today is supposed to be cooler (106 F)... So we're motivated to leave early.

We are also in the Nicky Hayden (Orange Army) Trophy Suite this year, so we are going to be there first thing Friday a.m. thru Sunday and head back Monday... The wife has become this freakish Nicky Hayden fan and it's starting to scare me... But the suite has all of the Sierra Nevada beer I can drink included, so life should be good...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 9:37 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r
We're leaving Thursday. We found a B&B in Monterey. My friend has a blue and white S and mine is a Bumblebee with black wheels.

Probably no chance we'll run into you in the sea of bikes but you never know.
I was told that there are still some Best Western rooms available in Monterey (as of Sunday, 7/16/06) and they were priced at about $130+/- per night...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2006, 3:01 pm
Addict

I'm heading out Thursday afternoon... will spend the night in Solvang, and up Hwy 1 to Monterey on Friday. I've had my room reserved since the day they announced the date. I have an extra ticket with paddock pass, Turn 4 seats, and parking, if anyone is in need. I'm going to continue riding for a week after the races, probably up the coast into Oregon... too hot to ride inland now.

It's not the speed that kills, it's the rate at which the speed diminishes...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2006, 12:03 pm

I want to go too...but eh....to drive from sliedrecht in the netherlands too laguna seca is a bit far,i think....................

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode