Install of Wunderlich Throttle Lock - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 8:23 pm Thread Starter

Install of Wunderlich Throttle Lock

Has anyone done this? I bought one and it seems simple, but I must be a bonehead. Tightening the whole assembly just seems to tighten it against the throttle and locks it. How do you mount this buggar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 9:14 pm
DSS

Why do you needthis item?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 9:38 pm
Veteran

I did a review of it in a recent newsletter.. http://www.piratesk12site.net/newsletterMay06.htm

I think your problem is you need a spacer between the Wunderlich lock and the actual grip.. As I recall a few come with the kit and you pick and choose which ones you need if any.. Didn't you get instructions with it? It's chimp easy..

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2006, 7:57 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I did a review of it in a recent newsletter.. http://www.piratesk12site.net/newsletterMay06.htm

I think your problem is you need a spacer between the Wunderlich lock and the actual grip.. As I recall a few come with the kit and you pick and choose which ones you need if any.. Didn't you get instructions with it? It's chimp easy..
Clearly I'm chimp stupid. It does come with directions, but I don't speak German. It comes with lots of different bolts so that the same unit fits multiple bikes. It does come with two small metal washers, but they are for a small bolt that doesn't fit the K.

Ooo. Ooo. Ooo. Eee. Eee. Eee!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2006, 7:59 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS
Why do you needthis item?
Don't need it for routine rides. But I would use it on longer treks to help relieve occasional right hand fatigue.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2006, 4:55 pm
Veteran

Sorry.. I forgot the instructions were in German... Doh!

I'm still pretty sure you just need a small 6mm washer.. 1/4" might work.. You need just enough space in there so you can tighten the bolt that holds it on yet enough for the throttle to twist freely...

and DSS... Personnaly.. I don't understand how ANYONE could own one of these bikes without a throttle lock... Wunderlich OR Throttlemeister.. Makes riding 1000% more enjoyable. .. NOT as good as a real cruise.. but the next best thing...

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2006, 5:13 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Sorry.. I forgot the instructions were in German... Doh!

I'm still pretty sure you just need a small 6mm washer.. 1/4" might work.. You need just enough space in there so you can tighten the bolt that holds it on yet enough for the throttle to twist freely...

and DSS... Personnaly.. I don't understand how ANYONE could own one of these bikes without a throttle lock... Wunderlich OR Throttlemeister.. Makes riding 1000% more enjoyable. .. NOT as good as a real cruise.. but the next best thing...
I'll pickup a washer and give that a try. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode