I did it - traded in my faultless GT for a new KS - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 9:24 am Thread Starter

Red face I did it - traded in my faultless GT for a new KS

Damn - this an expensive hobby. I have been very happy with my K12GT for almost 20.000 km. No problems at all. But today I traded it in for new grey K12S. I will get it next week.

When I bought my K12GT for 18 months ago I was much more focused on the touring side of biking compared to now. It was a couple of trackdays during this summer that completely changed my attitude towards biking. Now I prefer the more sporty part of it. I still want a BMW and I still want to be able to ride 600 miles/day through Europe. But I want a bike that can compete better with the sportsbikes on the track. The K12S was a easy choice ;-)

I ordered it without ESA. Only with heated grips (it's cold here in northern part of europe) and the on-board computer. Nothing else. The ESA option is > 2000 USD here in Denmark. !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 9:35 am
Addict

congratulations on your purchase!!!!! when i purchased my KRS in 2003 I thought it would be the last bike i would buy for a long time. while the RS was plenty quick and handled well it just couldn't keep up with the sportbike crowd and when the "S" came along i had to have one. while i wanted speed and handling sport bikes offers i also wanted to be comfortable on an all day ride. needless to say the "S" met all my expectations and I've never looked back or regretted trading in the RS. good luck and ride safe
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 9:46 am

Welcome aboard!

I just got back for MOA in Vermont, racking up about 1300 miles on my '05 S. Love it even more although I'm shelling out for a Bill Mayer seat. The added mileage is smoothing out the engine a bit.

JUST LOVE IT!

P.S. Surprised I didn't see more of them at MOA...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 10:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratemut
Damn - this an expensive hobby. I have been very happy with my K12GT for almost 20.000 km. No problems at all. But today I traded it in for new grey K12S. I will get it next week.

When I bought my K12GT for 18 months ago I was much more focused on the touring side of biking compared to now. It was a couple of trackdays during this summer that completely changed my attitude towards biking. Now I prefer the more sporty part of it. I still want a BMW and I still want to be able to ride 600 miles/day through Europe. But I want a bike that can compete better with the sportsbikes on the track. The K12S was a easy choice ;-)

I ordered it without ESA. Only with heated grips (it's cold here in northern part of europe) and the on-board computer. Nothing else. The ESA option is > 2000 USD here in Denmark. !!
Jeeeezus! How can you afford a K12S in Denmark! They cost like a gizzziulion dollars!!!

Oh, and congratulations !
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 10:28 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hass
Jeeeezus! How can you afford a K12S in Denmark! They cost like a gizzziulion dollars!!!

Oh, and congratulations !
Actually not a whole fully gizzziulion, only around 46000 USD ;-)

And I got a decent price for my old GT.

I hope she is worth it !

/
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 10:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogan
Welcome aboard!

I just got back for MOA in Vermont, racking up about 1300 miles on my '05 S. Love it even more although I'm shelling out for a Bill Mayer seat. The added mileage is smoothing out the engine a bit.

JUST LOVE IT!

Although I have not seen a single KS in CT. I did manage to see 6 at the MOA.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1200sforme
Although I have not seen a single KS in CT. I did manage to see 6 at the MOA.
Yeah, but how many KR's did you see at the MOA? I didn't see one...

And congrats to the original poster - 46,000 USD? Yikes!

06 K1200 R
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratemut
Actually not a whole fully gizzziulion, only around 46000 USD ;-)

And I got a decent price for my old GT.

I hope she is worth it !

/
46K! Geesh! Mine cost me AU$30K on the road with everything (ESA, ABS, centre stand, panniers, alarm, heated grips) which is about US$22K. May be it is relative to salary there. What sort of average salary do people earn in Denmark? The average income in Australia is just under $50K/year. And I have never a single moment regret this purchase. It is easily the best all-round bike.

Tim
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogan
Welcome aboard!

JUST LOVE IT!

I saw alot of KS's at MOA. Well at least a dozen. Only saw 4 other KR's though.....including mine.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Congrats on the KS trade (I went the same route with my dark blue GT).
I also saw ablout 6 KS's at the MOA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	3033   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00068.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	3034  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode