Not feel'n the luv.....now it's a buzz dammit! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2006, 7:38 pm Thread Starter
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Not feel'n the luv.....now it's a buzz dammit!

I've been avoiding posting this, as Ive been trying to convince myself it's my imagination....it's not. It started about 150 miles ago as a slight tingle in my footpegs (especially the left) and has now developed into a discernable vibration going from the pegs up to the handlebars. I have about 2,000 miles on it now and was expecting to get less of the very little vibration I had as it broke-in.....not the opposite! I've done all the obvious visual and physical checks that one would do in this type of scenario.........nadda frigg'n thing! I wanna add that this is not the typical 6 grand vibe that most all R's exhibit. It runs the whole rpm gamut and it's almost like having no counter-balancing system or, accelerating from a too low in the rpm range. I'm very concerned and was hoping one of you out there could possibly shed some light on this aggravating crap. It's damaging my luv affair with my bike. Luv stinks, thanx 2t2f

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Cool

I got to ride the K12R demo from bike week in Atlanta. It had a bad vibe and I think it was from the clutch pack because it had a very narrow engagement. I drove the K12S right after and it was butter smooth compared to it. We had a little talk about them and the pep's running the demo's said they believe that someone got a little squidly with it. I say that you use your warrenty and get it fixed.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2006, 6:53 am Thread Starter
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainasty
I got to ride the K12R demo from bike week in Atlanta. It had a bad vibe and I think it was from the clutch pack because it had a very narrow engagement. I drove the K12S right after and it was butter smooth compared to it. We had a little talk about them and the pep's running the demo's said they believe that someone got a little squidly with it. I say that you use your warrenty and get it fixed.
Come ta think of it....While in gear and and the clutch pulled in , I get an audible (and physical) clunk when I rev the engine lightly. This may be inherent to the hyd. clutch, but it's nothing Ive experienced before? 2t2f

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode