Cruise Control for K1200S: It Can Be Done - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2006, 12:34 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Cruise Control for K1200S: It Can Be Done

I good buddy of mine stopped in yesterday to show off the newly installed cruise control on his 05 K1200S... thought I'd share. I don't have too many technical details other than it was a car unit that he bought and adapted to the S... He said it works flawlessly holding within 1mph even going through the mountains. He's going to put a smaller handlebar switch on it when he gets the time.

His install took quite a while but he said he could do it now in about 4 hours... I asked if he could produce a plug-n-play kit and he pretty much said no..

I think he said he stayed away from the CanBus system completely. I have to admit.. except for the slightly large switch up top, which he is going to replace.. it looks 100% factory... Could be wrong but his may be the first K1200S on earth with a cruise... Apparently.. he's da man.. Check it out...

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2006, 1:21 pm

I would love one

All I need to make my KS the ultimate machine now is a cruise. I would even consider big $$$ for one from BMW if they were to offer one. I have been thinking in getting a set of Black poweder coated Throttlemeister, but I never could get used to engaging it when I had on my RT. But the weight should help some of the 5K rpm vibes I am getting.

The vista cruiser I have seen it on a KS modified and it looked BUTT UGLY. So it would be nice to get something else setup.

Based on the picture the nob he has looks 100% Toyota, its the little nob that comes out of the steering column on the left side on Toyotas.

Someone needs to come up with something soon so the Pirate can market it and makes $$$$ from us. LOL.

Darcy Bastos
2006 K1200LT
Atlanta, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in