Got No Power Since 6.0 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2006, 8:43 pm Thread Starter

Got No Power Since 6.0

My S Pulls Like My Old Rs
Ive Been To The Track And It's Not Constant
It Feels Like If The Timing Was Off
I Tried Disconnecting The Throttle Stopper Behind The Throttle Body's But It Still Feels Like It's Missing Power

Could All This Be Caused By 6.0 Or 6.1, I Had 5.0 Before My Upgrade.

Stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 4:01 am
Addict

Yes!

I've got dead spots too, when rolling on 2nd amd 3rd gear coming out of the apex of a curve.

I'm getting 7.0 this friday - will post that day what my findings are.

Last edited by sportrider; Sep 6th, 2006 at 8:24 am.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 9:10 am
Rookie

Sportrider!

Good luck with the upgrade Pal. Many of us, I am sure, have closely followed your troubled life with your S. In fact, I hesitated for months in pulling the trigger on my K1200RS for K1200S purchase because of your experiences.

I eagerly await your GOOD NEWS!

Chuck V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 9:38 am
Addict

I'm optimistic!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker
My S Pulls Like My Old Rs
Ive Been To The Track And It's Not Constant
...Feels Like It's Missing Power...Could All This Be Caused By 6.0 Or 6.1, I Had 5.0 Before My Upgrade.
Stroker
It's difficult to say. My '06 KS is much smoother on 7.0 and has fewer "peaks and valleys" in the power/torque curve.

Both before and after 7.0, a few times I'll feel a momentary lag if I quickly roll on lots of throttle from low rpm. I've seen a few reports saying aftermarket exhaust and intake systems help that.

I'm not saying 7.0 is perfect or without flaw, but on my bike the huge improvement in smoothness, fueling and throttle transitions make it well worthwhile. Only on 7.0 can I totally close the throttle approaching a curve, then re-open throttle in the curve with safety. Before 7.0, throttle snatch would often cause an unpredictable surge or jump in power.

Re software versions you can't go back, only to newer versions. If you're unhappy with your bike on 6.x, the best bet is going to 7.0. You can also continue watching the 7.0 reports as they come in, and assess how it's shaping up. That may help with your decision.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode