A KS Ride Up High, Colors Changing, Video/Images - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2006, 5:45 pm Thread Starter
Addict

A KS Ride Up High, Colors Changing, Video/Images

Perhaps the autumn colors have yet to reach your locale. They're happening here up high. Took the KS to 10,000ft. on the way to lunch yesterday.

Brought the helmet cam and distilled 20 minutes of ride video to a reasonable 4:10. Wasn't easy. Can see the edge of the helmet upper right of the recording. Foo Fighter's "Everlong" accompanies as well as the KS exhaust note... especially noticeable at 3:04 of the vid. Images further below.

KS Autumn Lunch Ride Up High - Streaming Video

Can see where the recording starts on the map below. Didn't go to the top of Mt. Evans. Road closed for the season. Lunch in Idaho Springs.

Along the way, paused for a couple of Juniper Pass pics. Question: Do I need to tell you the K1200S is one sleek looking missile? Answer: No. Can see a splash of autumn colors...

Continental Divide is the backdrop. This side, water flows to the Gulf of Mexico. Other side - Pacific...

Looking down the road at the sister peaks of 14,270ft. Mt. Evans, with recent snow dusting their crowns...

Arrival at Echo Lake...

Arrival at one of my favorite deli's. Town sheriff lets me have this illegal VIP parking. Guess the Munich thing commands respect...

Idaho Springs is a town with an active, colorful, historic past. Mines dot the slopes surrounding the town. In 1896 this is how it looked as the ore teams gathered to head for the mines. Photographer must have had everyone, including the dog, assemble for the picture...

Had there not been a building in the way to the right, and if I could find a ladder, maybe I could put myself right where the photographer stood. So I borrowed some SUV's rear bumper to get closer. Regardless, the before and after does make one consider things, including life. And then go forth with gusto...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2006, 9:34 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Thanks for the video tour and pictures! Not as good as a ride along but better than riding through city traffic. Northern WI is about 3 weeks out from peak colors, Southern WI is about 6 weeks out (give or take a week, estimates vary).

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 12:14 am

Great job! And a good song to boot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 6:02 am

Awesome pic's dude!

Beautful country...wish I was there!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 11:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson
Brought the helmet cam and distilled 20 minutes of ride video to a reasonable 4:10. Wasn't easy. Can see the edge of the helmet upper right of the recording....
SFARSON,
Really nice video! One of the better "ride clips" I've seen.
I really like the video quality and the helmet cam is much better than tank mounted camaras that shoot through the wind screen.

Would you mind telling us about your set-up? I'd really like to do the same thing some time but don't know anything about the video equipment, where you get it, cost, set-up, etc.

Thanks.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 11:51 am Thread Starter
Addict

Thanks everyone... a great ride on a great bike.

mark5lam... Have several mounting options here, including gas cap ring mounts. Had never tried the bullet cam (helmetcamera.com) on the KS before. Typically use it on the GS for the bumpy off road stuff where the shaking is less on the head versus the bike. Example: http://www.farson.com/guanella.wmv But knowing I wanted to look around some for the viewer, connected it to the side of my helmet and fed a Sony MiniDV in a fanny pack. HTH!

Steve
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 1:06 pm
Veteran

Your Route by Google Earth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Idaho Springs, CO.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	3414  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson
mark5lam... Have several mounting options here, including gas cap ring mounts. Had never tried the bullet cam (helmetcamera.com) on the KS before...

Steve
Thanks Steve.
- Mark
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 11:22 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
Excellent Larry. Have Google Earth but didn't use it for the ride post. Does give you a great perspective doesn't it.

Steve
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 3:20 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Sweet !!

Those roads remind me of the ones we have here in northeast Ohio. :wtf

Our fall colors will be here in a couple or so weeks.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode