Sargent seat status - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2006, 8:27 pm Thread Starter

Sargent seat status

Just wanted to give any details as I get them.

Sargent seats is here in my town. They will be using my bike (K1200S) for prototyping and fitment. I am dropping it off next week so the process IS moving along.

I will post any status I get as I get it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:55 am

Will there be some type of pillion seat backrest option for the Sargent seat?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 6:33 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joema
Will there be some type of pillion seat backrest option for the Sargent seat?

I dont know the answer to that. I will ask them about it when I drop the bike off Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 7:13 am

Todd, I've been after these guys for well over a year to get going with that project, glad to see there's some movement finally. I had asked and they had indicated they might be willing to produce a product similar to Corbin's Smuggler. Many of us ride solo and the rear storage is most welcome. Please, since you're down there and having direct contact, see if you can get them to follow up on that, or at the very least, give us an indication as to whether they will or won't. Corbin's design is very nice, but I've read one too many horror stories about fitment and service. From a marketing standpoint, I'd push the solo riding thing, thanks in advance.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 10:08 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf
Todd, I've been after these guys for well over a year to get going with that project, glad to see there's some movement finally. I had asked and they had indicated they might be willing to produce a product similar to Corbin's Smuggler. Many of us ride solo and the rear storage is most welcome. Please, since you're down there and having direct contact, see if you can get them to follow up on that, or at the very least, give us an indication as to whether they will or won't. Corbin's design is very nice, but I've read one too many horror stories about fitment and service. From a marketing standpoint, I'd push the solo riding thing, thanks in advance.

I will ask... This is why I posted out on the site. I dont want to take a list a mile long but a few requests or some feedback always helps them know what the customers are thinking about...! So that is a plus for them.

I will take the time to talk with the designer. I think I will see him tomorrow.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:52 am Thread Starter

Just wanted to give you guys a status....

I dropped my bike off there this morning. Their shop is very nice. I mentioned the 2 suggestions you guys have made (pillion back rest and storage area and these type options are already part of their designs...!!!!

In fact, he showed me the prototype and it looked great!!!!! You guys are really going to be happy about this seat. It really looked well thought out and should have something for everyone.

I will tell you guys/gals more as I learn it.

Last edited by ToddG; Sep 18th, 2006 at 11:07 am. Reason: Spelling....
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Their good..but holy site, their sloooow!

I'm waiting patiently now for 18 months...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider
Their good..but holy site, their sloooow!

I'm waiting patiently now for 18 months...
+1 here. Sometimes I feel like taking my chance with the Corbin and its fitment, just because there is no alternative (got to admit, their smuggler is extremely tempting).
Toddg, do you think it's possible that Sargent can give us pixs of their prototypes so that we can get an idea on their appearances? If they look good, it will surely convince us to wait longer.

Tim
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2006, 1:06 am
Enthusiast

I bought the Corbin seats, backrest and smuggler. Could not get the smuggler to fit right and the rear seat took about 20 mins of wrestling to get it to go on. I decided to take the smuggler into A&S Cycles for fitting.

On the offramp to A&S I hit a pothole and the smuggler bounced off, destroying the surfaces and paint. A&S could not fit the parts.

Since Corbin's factory is only about 150 miles away, I decided to ride over there and take in the smuggler for fitting and repair. It took them 3 hours of working on the set-up including removing the seat cover and trimming the foam on the front seat before they could get the smuggler to latch properly. They kept the smuggler for a couple weeks to repair the damage caused by the bounce off.

The point is that the products they made were sold as K1200R parts and were suppose to fit my K1200R but they didn't. I had to ride 150 miles each way, spend the night and wait 2 weeks to get it to fit properly. On top of that they said they would charge $200 to reapair the smuggler even though it was their fault it didn't fit in the first place, they implied they "may" waive the cost, they would speak to mgmt.

I gave them my CC numbers, they didn't charge me $200, they charged me $235 :wtf Needless to say I am pissed, would never buy another Corbin product and would not recommend them.

It's a shame they do not understand CUSTOMER SERVICE because I do like the parts. I get a lot of other riders asking about the parts but I tell my story and they don't buy, I could have been an good advocate/sales person for Corbin, but I feel cheated.

If Corbin reads this, please refund my money for repairing your defective parts!!! PM me for details

Ed

Last edited by K12R; Sep 19th, 2006 at 1:17 am.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2006, 7:58 am

Ed,

That's just wrong in so many ways...!

No Corbin for me!

I'll wait another 18 months on Sargent...but that's it! 3 years is my max!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode