Hornig paint protection kit - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 7:02 am Thread Starter

Hornig paint protection kit

Picked up the new S yesterday and loving it so far. Worried about scratching the graphite gray paint with the jacket or knees. I want a tank pad but I'm concerned that if I buy a carbon fiber one, then before you know it I'll get the sickness and carbon fiber everything!

Anybody have any experience with the Hornig paint protection kit?

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43461

Wondering how clear it really is, whether its easy enough to apply, and whether it stays on or moves around. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2006, 1:31 pm
Rookie

Smile Clear kit

Hi there,

My local detail shop installed a clear kit for me on my k1200S 2006 model.

The front edge of both fairings, front section of the area surrounding the headlight (which makes it look a glossy finish now, instead of matt black) middle of the tank area and sides of tank where your knees touch, are all covered.

My last k1200RS was given the same treatment, but the detail shop had to cut the clear film to install.

Could not be happier with the results.

I tried to get some photos to show you all, but the photos were not able to show you the results due to resolution etc.

Please feel free to message me on this forum and I will do my best to get you in touch with my friend, who ordered the kit for me.

Be advised, it was not cheap but I feel it was a huge investment.

Washing is now easier with bug removal almost as easy as 1,2,3.

Ride safe, ride well.

Best regards,

mdjet.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2006, 3:01 pm
Rookie

I've used the Tankslapper product on all of my bikes and have been happy with it.

http://www.thetankslapper.com/

Its easy to put on with just water and squeegee to get the air bubbles out. Easy to take off and reapply too. And its cheap enough ($16) where after a couple of riding seasons I can throw it out and order another set. My dealer also had a protection kit but it was permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydogg
Picked up the new S yesterday and loving it so far. Worried about scratching the graphite gray paint with the jacket or knees. I want a tank pad but I'm concerned that if I buy a carbon fiber one, then before you know it I'll get the sickness and carbon fiber everything!

Anybody have any experience with the Hornig paint protection kit?

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43461

Wondering how clear it really is, whether its easy enough to apply, and whether it stays on or moves around. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2006, 3:24 pm

I also installed the Tankslapper kit within days of purchasing my S, it is relatively easy to install, works great, durable, inconspicuous, and not overly expensive. It's made by 3M, so the quality is there also, whatever one you choose, do it soon before you scuff up your tank.

Barry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode