K12S Commuting - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2006, 7:56 pm Thread Starter

K12S Commuting

I'm currently riding a '02 K12RS. My commute is mostly highway for 45-60 minutes each way. I test rode a K12S and really like the weight/power/more sporting package. How does this bike feel after an hour in the saddle? Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2006, 9:38 pm

K1200S Commute

I commute 75 miles each way every day (which can be less than an hour). The bike feels great. It doesn't keep the wind off nearly as well as my RS but it is so much more nimble. I did install an electronic cruise control and like that. It is a great bike to ride. I haven't been back on my RS since I got the S.

2009 K1300S Lava Orange
2005 K1200s Indigo Blue

Electronic Cruise Control
Evoluzione racing air filters
Remus Power Cone muffer

2002 Pacific Blue K1200RS
Remus Exhaust
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2006, 10:23 pm
Rookie

K12S and touring

My K12S is a year and a half old and I just had the 24,000 mile service done. I find it more comfortable than the K12RS for touring. The longest day I,ve put on has been 800 miles.Less than the 1500 miles I put on the LT doing the bun burner gold, but a full day none the less. I had the Verholen bar risers and peg lowering kit on for the first 20,000 miles,but I find it just as comfortable without. I got tired of draging the foot pegs with them lowered. You are more exposed to the elements than on the RS or LT but the Roadcrafter takes care of that. It's a lot more fun riding the S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 9:47 am

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichBeamer
I'm currently riding a '02 K12RS. My commute is mostly highway for 45-60 minutes each way. I test rode a K12S and really like the weight/power/more sporting package. How does this bike feel after an hour in the saddle? Thanks for any feedback.
I had a 05 K12GT and is now riding a 06 K12S.

For me, the KS is just as comfortable as the GT, however not in the rain.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 3:24 pm
Addict

[i did install an electronic cruise control and like that]

ffearless, where did you get the cruise control from? is this an aftermarket product you purchased from some company or did you jerry rig it yourself??? the only thing i dislike about my "S" is the lack of cruise control. the GT has cruise and i wish BMW would add cruise to the "S" as an option.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 3:51 pm
Rookie

I rode my stock K1200S 6,118 miles in the first two weeks of July (NC to Boise and return). I stayed perfectly comfortable on the bike until the 13th day when I started to get a little road weary. It's quite comfortable for me.

mac
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by machew01
I rode my stock K1200S 6,118 miles in the first two weeks of July (NC to Boise and return). I stayed perfectly comfortable on the bike until the 13th day when I started to get a little road weary. It's quite comfortable for me.

mac
Quite a vote on the comfort factor !
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 7:49 pm Thread Starter

K12S Commuting

I was hooked on the K12S already, but I appreciate the feedback on commuting. I'll sit on my RS until the spring and then join you guys.

I was hoping to see the K12S with electronic cruise control in '07 because this is a great feature on the K12RS when you want to cover a few hundred miles on the highway.

Curious to hear what ffearless installed on his bike...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Cruise on the S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
[i did install an electronic cruise control and like that]

ffearless, where did you get the cruise control from? is this an aftermarket product you purchased from some company or did you jerry rig it yourself??? the only thing i dislike about my "S" is the lack of cruise control. the GT has cruise and i wish BMW would add cruise to the "S" as an option.

I bought the Rostra World Cruise. I bought it on eBay. I did have to customize it for the bike. But there are a couple of us with this cruise on our 'Ses so you will be able to get most questions answered should you deside to install one.

2009 K1300S Lava Orange
2005 K1200s Indigo Blue

Electronic Cruise Control
Evoluzione racing air filters
Remus Power Cone muffer

2002 Pacific Blue K1200RS
Remus Exhaust
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2006, 7:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffearless
I bought the Rostra World Cruise. I bought it on eBay. I did have to customize it for the bike. But there are a couple of us with this cruise on our 'Ses so you will be able to get most questions answered should you deside to install one.
Do you have pics?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode