Free Bags and Nav - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 5:24 pm Thread Starter

Free Bags and Nav

I bought my KS in early Sep and I'm still waiting on the free hard bags and Nav.
(which are supposed to be shipped to the dealer from BMW).

Anyone else in the same boat or have any info on how long you waited?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:41 pm

I was told the bags and GPS would take about 14 business days to arrive. I just picked up my bags this week - 4 weeks after buying the bike (bought 8/29, picked up 8/31) - and still no GPS!! Plus the bags are not keyed the same as my ignition.

I guess BMW doesn't belive in the saying - "Under promise and over deliver".

Last edited by kevinC; Sep 29th, 2006 at 10:48 pm.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2006, 1:02 pm

I picked mine up on...

...September 8th and am also still waiting. With 675 miles on the odo I'm hopeful the GPS will be here by then. The dealer, in Cleveland, OH, gave me other bags to use in the meantime.

Thanks for the warning on the "keyed" issue. I'll make sure now that my new/replacement bags are keyed properly.

Chuck V. ('06 K1200S, granite grey, the FASTEST color)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Bought mine on 9/1.
Dealer pulled a set of bags from inventory, rekeyed them, and mounted them when they uncrated the bike (they also mounted the centerstand for free, I just payed 15% less than list for the parts).
But still no Nav. They told me that this week, they revieved the Nav's for people that ordered in late August, so mine should be there next week.

2100 miles on mine so far.

And loving every minute of it.

ken
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 12:52 am

same boat!

I purchased mine on Sept. 3rd. I received my bags about a week ago. My nav is still missing in action! Can anyone email me the proper maintenance on these bikes. I was looking through the manual and I can't see when it should be taken in for oil changes, valve adjustments, etc. I have 600 miles already and lovin every minute of it!
Thanks!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 1:00 am

At 600 miles a oil change is required with filter . The rear end also requires the oil changed and a general look over for loose bolts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Thought I'd add my gps showed up today, a week after the bags . I picked up the KS on the 14th of sept.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Bought mine on 9/1, dealer called yesterday that my Nav is in.

As I have a broken foot right now, so can't ride, I asked them to UPS it to me (give me something to play with, as I sit on my bike and make motorboat sounds).
As I asked which credit card they wanted to bill me for shipping and insurance, they just said 'No, we take care of our customers, no charge'.
Wow, that is service.

ken
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 6:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksann
Bought mine on 9/1, dealer called yesterday that my Nav is in.

As I have a broken foot right now, so can't ride, I asked them to UPS it to me (give me something to play with, as I sit on my bike and make motorboat sounds).
As I asked which credit card they wanted to bill me for shipping and insurance, they just said 'No, we take care of our customers, no charge'.
Wow, that is service.

ken
Bought mine the last day of the promo, and still no NAV. My dealer said he had about 6 of them on order and thought that the last minute rush overwhelmed BMW's inventory of these things as some dealers (Like his) ordered a load of them after the last day of the promo. I am hoping mine shows up by the 600 mile service, which should happen in about a week or so. I have 350 miles on the bike so far.

I was talking to one of the mechanics and he told me, only the '07's are recommended to have the rear diff changed. He said something about a new magnetic drain plug, being added to the '07's. I asked him about the my '06 and he said, not necessary.

But for the minimal added expense, I will go ahead and get it done, since I am picky about these things.

Let us know how the Nav works. I was wanting mine more for my cage, as opposed to the bike, though I will use it on the bike as well.

Regards, Michael...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2006, 1:34 am

funny how dealers have different info , my dealer was the source who told me about the diff oil change at 600 miles. I think I read it on one of the forums also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode