K1200S in silver-blue-black in real nature - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 4:37 am Thread Starter
Super Moderator

K1200S in silver-blue-black in real nature

Hey guys,

yesterday i saw the first 2007-K1200S in silver-blue-black at my bikermeetingplace in nature:

Sorry for the pic-quality, its a cellphone-digicam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 7:43 am
gwc
Noob

Smile K1200S in silver-blue-black in real nature

Nice looking ride. Thx for the Pics.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 12:05 pm

Blue/Silver/Black "07"

You know, It's amazing how a real life image can change the the way the colors blend! Looks great! I wonder if you have seen the White Aluminum, and if it has yellow, or silver wheels? BMW motorrad shows yellow, and other sites i have seen silver. I know you are the Germany connection,and we really appreciate it!
Jeff Eggers,Redding,California U.S.A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 2:22 pm
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Overlander
I wonder if you have seen the White Aluminum, and if it has yellow, or silver wheels? BMW motorrad shows yellow, and other sites i have seen silver.
I asked the same question on another forum where Michael posted the same tri-colour pictures and he answered that it would be yellow rims.

And I believe the bmw-motorrad websites confirm this. The following picture is in the Spanish and German versions of the site (may be on others too, but I only checked these two).

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 3:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdf
I asked the same question on another forum where Michael posted the same tri-colour pictures and he answered that it would be yellow rims.

And I believe the bmw-motorrad websites confirm this. The following picture is in the Spanish and German versions of the site (may be on others too, but I only checked these two).

This is also my favorit among the 07' color schemes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bilde.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3545  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 3:36 pm
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratemut
This is also my favorit among the 07' color schemes.
You're the first person I've heard who likes it.

I think its hideous. I posted on another forum that BMW has probably lost a sales since I was going to trade in this year, but now that I have confirmation that their design teams this year seem to have some difficulty matching colours I may have to pass - or look into spending more money to change those awful rims.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 3:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdf
You're the first person I've heard who likes it.

I think its hideous. I posted on another forum that BMW has probably lost a sales since I was going to trade in this year, but now that I have confirmation that their design teams this year seem to have some difficulty matching colours I may have to pass - or look into spending more money to change those awful rims.

I do like it - but as I have a grey 06 already there is no reason to get a 07 ;-)

The rims can be coated in another color for around 200USD

Btw: I don't really like the black/blue/white combination - to buzy me think
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 4:40 pm

I also do not care for the new colors. I would think the bike would look better with a silver tank in place of the black. And what are they thinking of silver with yellow wheels? Does it appeal to a younger crowd?

Greg
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 4:54 pm
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring
I also do not care for the new colors. I would think the bike would look better with a silver tank in place of the black. And what are they thinking of silver with yellow wheels? Does it appeal to a younger crowd?

Greg
Well, if they are trying to appeal to a younger crowd they probably need to bring down the price of their bikes rather than add funky colour schemes. While I'm sure lots of younger bikers aspire to a BMW, it's just not in the price range of the mass market.

I'm not criticising their pricing policy or defending it, it's just a fact of life. The amont of 20 somethings who can afford to put 18-20 grand down for a bike (one they will likely want to change in a years time as soon as a newer version with 3 extra horsepower and louder colour scheme comes out) is limited.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2006, 9:32 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Overlander
You know, It's amazing how a real life image can change the the way the colors blend! Looks great! I wonder if you have seen the White Aluminum, and if it has yellow, or silver wheels? BMW motorrad shows yellow, and other sites i have seen silver. I know you are the Germany connection,and we really appreciate it!
Jeff Eggers,Redding,California U.S.A.
The dealers have been told the White Aluminum bikes will come with silver wheels in the US.

FWIW - I like the looks of the blue one.

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode