K1200S vs MV Agusta F4 1000R.. I'm Not Worthy - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 6:31 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

K1200S vs MV Agusta F4 1000R.. I'm Not Worthy

Sir DYL .. aka.. Jim Kriner stopped by earlier today as he wanted me to help him install some 3M material on his new toy.. his 2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R.. aka.. the worlds fastest production motorcycle. FYI.. it was bestowed this honor a week or two ago at the Bonneville salt flats...185+mph or something like that...

Anyway.. He had never ridden the K1200S.. and I had never ridden the 1000cc version of the F4 so after we got the material on his bike and hit the road, we swapped for about 20 miles up on the BRPW..

I usually describe the K1200S's power as godlike to anyone who asks.. and it is.... until you get on the new F4.. Geezus.. I can honestly say we S owners are children of a lessor god. The MV is simply the finest, fastest, pure sport bike I have ever ridden. While it doesnt make the S seem slow... it truly defines the term.. scary-fast. Power is instantaneous and at almost any RPM.. I could easily get in trouble with this bike which is why I would NOT trade in my lowly 137hp 750 for the new bike.. An individual would have to have lots of willpower to ride the bike sanely.. and I honestly dont think I posses enough..

Its about 130lbs lighter than the S and has about 12 more hp, I think.. Impressive.

Leaves are already turning at the higher elevations and the leave-peepers are already out in geriatric force.. crossing lanes, running off the roads, creeping along at 10 below the 45 speed limit.. . In another week or so itll be serious traffic up on the BRPW..

Anyway.. thought Id share..

PS.. a special thx to DYL for trusting me enough to deflower the Italian beauty..

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 6:55 pm
JCW
contributor

Lucky bastards!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Very nice pair of bikes Jerry ! The MV is a razor sharp machine, but something I'd like to ride every once in a while. As for the BMW, now that's another story - maybe in 07' there will be a K in the garage. Thanks for the pics, hope to be coming up soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 7:06 pm

Boy it sure looks small compared to your KS. I take it it cost quite a few pennies more to boot. ( no pun intended). It just goes to show the engineers do not feel we are scared enough with what they have created thus far.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 7:32 pm

C'mon Jerry - man up now!

If you think that's fast, try a KTM 450 exc dirt bike...will make the MV seem slow!!

Diversity , my friend - try a dirt bike - it will put everything into perspective - trust me!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 4:29 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Anyway.. thought Id share..
Well, I'm a spoiled bastard, and I've had the opportunity to ride the Agusta many times, always on a racetrack, but I still have to fall in love - but that's a matter of taste, I'm sure.

What I wanted to convey, on the other hand, is my deepest admiration for your personalized plate. I'd love to be able to get one of those here in Italy...

CYA, Ed

Edoardo Licciardello

To drive is human
to ride divine
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 7:31 am

wow

by the way......this all white k1200s looks awsome ....very very very nice...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2006, 9:34 am

I think the paint scheme on the R is the best MV's done yet. On the best looking sportbike in the world, IMHO. I'd love to ride one of those; closest I've been is on a Brutale 750, which was a hoot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode