Suggestions for an aftermarket clutch - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 8:52 pm Thread Starter

Suggestions for an aftermarket clutch

I am on my second clutch with only 15k miles. Does anyone know of any clutch options that may improve the life of my clutch. I ride extremely hard and frequently drop the clutch at high rpms. This is my fourth BMW over the years and and I have never given into the coments about this brand being only for conservative old men and gentle sport touring. My dealership doesn't really have any sugestions for me other than to replace the clutch every year or so. Is there a high performance clutch option out there other than the slipper version for $1500? I would be very interested in hearing anyones suggestions. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 9:03 pm

email these guys and ask em if they gonna make one.. or they want to ? Maybe they can take yours and do a prototype? Then they will carry em?

http://www.barnettclutches.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 6:34 am
Enthusiast

Barnett clutches do have a strong reputation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 7:10 am
Eka

Look at the end of this site:
http://www.twowheelcenter.fi/uutisia.htm

I have that STM clutch, but still waiting for new plates. There is primary springs up to 220kg. And with secondaru spring they adjust the slippin feature. I should get it done tomorrow, but who knows. It looks like this:

You should get those from your local STM-dealer.

http://www.stm.to.it/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc
I am on my second clutch with only 15k miles. Does anyone know of any clutch options that may improve the life of my clutch. I ride extremely hard and frequently drop the clutch at high rpms...
Based on your claim, I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to paying for clutches regardless of which brand you buy. You may get a few more miles out of an aftermarket brand but I suspect not many.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode