Added a little more paint to the blu/wht S - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2006, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

Friend added a little more paint to the blu/wht S

Hi,

Since my buddy KC doesn't have the hang of posting to the board, I thought I would post a few pictures of his newly painted blue/white S.

Left side...

I like the belly pan screen he added! He's going to cut mine out and we'll add a black screen. He did the cut out to the belly pan keep the temps down so as not to bake paint in that area.

We found the black powered coated screen at Lowe's for about 12 bucks for a 4' x 6' piece. We were using it for the rad's, oil cooler & bellypan on the RS's. It's so much better looking than the ones that are selling for $80.00 in the MOA mag.

Next he'll be adding a new seat and a slip-on pipe and clear lenses very soon. He already has the seat cover from Wunderlich. However, I didn't get a chance to get pictures of it yet. It's painted all blue and looks great on the bike! I'll post if picture later... He also has added the blue/silver clutch/brake levers and had the battery cover painted blue. We also just put on a new Slave Cylinder which really makes a difference! I just ordered mine and Ken said it should be here by Wed (Nov. 1st.) as my left hand is in bad shape with BMW's orig slave cylinder!

Anyway along with the bellypan being painted he had the front area changed to add some blue to it.

The rear plastic panels were painted the front inside fairing panels painted blue along with the battery cover.

Oh yeah check out the wheels! You can't see it in my pictures but there is a black line between the blue spokes and where the white starts...

I thought I would throw in a picture of my '05 BLACK S as it will not be as special since '07's will now come in Black...

Maybe I'll have to add the gray decals to make it different for '07.

http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail...ategory=20001#

Last edited by Shelley; Oct 31st, 2006 at 4:22 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2006, 5:43 pm
Enthusiast

Great looking bikes. I think the blue/white is a great combination and those wheels are awesome!

'03 K1200GT

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2006, 6:10 pm
Noob

tank bag

Shelley,

Do you have a picture with the tank bag on the bike? I'm debating which tank bag to get and haven't seen the version that goes with your mount on a bike yet. I really like my bigmak on my GS, but don't think it will fit on the S with the BMW GPS mount. Do you know if yours will fit with this arrangement?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2006, 5:39 am

I have a blue/white bike and that is by far the best I have seen. I love the white belly pan.

Greg
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2006, 8:26 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleander
Shelley,

Do you have a picture with the tank bag on the bike? I'm debating which tank bag to get and haven't seen the version that goes with your mount on a bike yet. I really like my bigmak on my GS, but don't think it will fit on the S with the BMW GPS mount. Do you know if yours will fit with this arrangement?

Thanks for the help.
It's not my bike, it's my buddy KC's bike. I own the Black S bike.

His tankbag is very small, in fact it's too small for the look of the bike. However, they do make a larger one. I'll have to ask him what kind it is... However, his tankbag does have the option to clamp on a stand for the BMW GPS at the very top front (closest to the handlebars) that seems to work nicely... I'll get back to you, once I get more info from him...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 8:17 pm

How did they powdercoat the rims in 2 colors?
Tape bake/tape bake?
Did you have to remove the bearings and get them repressed in?
About how much was it?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2006, 8:53 pm

Beautiful Bikes

Both of those bikes look fantastic!

JS
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2006, 10:58 am

Nice!!!!

Love The Paint Scheme. Would You Mind If I Stole Some Of The Ideas You Used? I Am Bored With My Stock 04 K1200gt Blue And Looking To Customize. Nice Job!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2006, 12:40 pm
Addict

nice looking paint job on the blue/white, i was looking to paint the front end of my blue/white "S" all blue but seeing your two tone paint job has made me reconsider. i was also thinking of having my rims powder coated blue but haven't made a decision yet. thanks for the pics and ride safe
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley
It's not my bike, it's my buddy KC's bike. I own the Black S bike.

His tankbag is very small, in fact it's too small for the look of the bike. However, they do make a larger one. I'll have to ask him what kind it is... However, his tankbag does have the option to clamp on a stand for the BMW GPS at the very top front (closest to the handlebars) that seems to work nicely... I'll get back to you, once I get more info from him...
It is Quick-lock tank bag from Bags-connection:
http://www.bags-connection.com/oxid....f6816.18904749

Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode