Wunderlich- UK Buyers BEWARE - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 1:27 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Wunderlich- UK Buyers BEWARE

I placed an order last week for some small accessories from Wunderlich UK who turn out to be trading in the UK through SPC. As my order hadn't turned up (should have been here yesterday) I went to the net and got their phone number but It doesn't work. I then tried the other associated SPC companies phone numbers and likewise, No joy.

Now I'm getting worried so I called Pidcocks who used to be a franchise holder. They kindly informed me that SPC went under over a month ago!!

Ok now I'm a bit pissed so I go to the German site where there is information on the situation (click on the Union Jack) and a contact address for the new Wunderlich importer - BMW BikeBits. (They are now selling Wunderlich accessories, BUT the SPC site is still active!!!) BE VERY CAREFUL.

A phone call to BMWBikeBits confirmed the story and they suggested that I call the credit card company and get them to get the money back. Orders placed through SPC will NOT be honoured.

I then checked with my bank to find that stupidly, I had placed the order on my debit card rather than a credit card and as such there are no safeguards.

So .. long story short, I'm shafted. Very unlikely to get the goods and even less likely to get my money back.

Cheers
Stu

Jaguar S Type 3.0l V6
K1200S ABS ESA 2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2006, 1:35 pm
JCW
contributor

How can a company continue to charge credit cards when they've gone out of business (over a month?!) Something's wrong there already!

Anyway, that really sucks! (And why I end up making my own stuff if possible.)

Thanks for the notice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode