BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

k1200s bra?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ksann 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a bra\cover for the front clip? I'm getting a lot of rock chips, a bunch more after i got roosted last weekend by a fireblade while we were passing some cars. If not I guess i'll make one

thanks

#3 ·
Interesting, I don't see a precut kit for the k1200s there, so you cut yours yourself? Did you make a template? I'm sure this is a better idea than a bra at high speed. Do they or you sell bulk?

#4 ·
They do sell a 3 Piece K1200S Tank Protection Kit for $ 15.95 which I did buy. On everything else I used 3M and cut my own pattern.. FYI.. I have a large roll I purchased from 3M.. and No.. I don't sell it.

FYI... Tankslappers sells sheets for those do-it-yourselfers.. also..Griots Garage sells thicker 3M material in sheets at http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=headlight+shield&search.x=16&search.y=6

What I do is cut the pattern out of paper then when you get it right.. Just trace that onto the 3M material and cut it out and apply... FYI.. tankslappers is easier to work with..

#6 ·
K1200s and women have something in common

they shouldn't wear bra's. What are you saving the finish for ? The next owner?

#8 ·
Don't tailgate

and don't not be the lead bike!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.