Got me one - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 5:33 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Got me one

I know there are a lot of "me too's" but me too!

I demo'ed the bike on Wednesday, 12/13/06. I was truly astonished by how the bike works. It only had 30 miles on the clock so I didn't get anywhere near wringing it's neck but the bike up to 6,000rpm haul's a**. Tried to upset the bike every which way on a few high speed sweeper's and couldn't. Chop the throttle half way through, drop a gear and nail the throttle, brake, change line, whatever, it just goes where it's supposed to with great comfort and great ergo's. The Duolever front end is awesome. I get feed back and feel from it. Don't know what all the Moto mags are complaining about. ESA, ABS, unreal. Wind protection is quite good and at 6'2" I experienced no real push a 80+mph and very little wind noise. I wear a X-11 that kinda loud, but not with this bike.

So, I picked it up yesterday,12/14/06, ESA, ABS, headed grips, computer, bags, the usual that most of you have. It's got 55 miles on it now and it's raining here today so I'll wait to put some more on it, but it's the best rush I've had in a long time. I just don't have enough superlatives for the bike.

I've read many of the threads here and elsewhere, and still think this bike is the best street bike out there. Yeah, all makes and models have "issues" but I think this bike is worth the risk of a tranny problem, brake deal, or some of the other things mentioned.

It's really,no I mean really fun to ride.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
If you can't run with the big dogs.... stay on the porch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 6:43 pm
JCW
contributor

Man, you think 6000 rpm is fun?

8000-11000 goes beyond fun and is downright scary the first (hundred) times you wind it out.

Make sure your a** is in your seat and your hand is over the clutch cause redline's coming up fast.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 8:09 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
Man, you think 6000 rpm is fun?

8000-11000 goes beyond fun and is downright scary the first (hundred) times you wind it out.

Make sure your a** is in your seat and your hand is over the clutch cause redline's coming up fast.
JCW, I hear you man.....6k got Mr. Spincter excited, 11k is gotta be a whole lot of fun.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2006, 11:15 pm

Talking

Congrats on the new ride!!!

I was able to get mine out of the garage for a quick 20 mile ride yesterday and I'm hoping for a real ride on Sunday. I'll pass on the advice I received from my local BMW tech (and K1200R owner) - "Don't baby it!"
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2006, 9:54 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinC
Congrats on the new ride!!!

I was able to get mine out of the garage for a quick 20 mile ride yesterday and I'm hoping for a real ride on Sunday. I'll pass on the advice I received from my local BMW tech (and K1200R owner) - "Don't baby it!"
kevinC,
Thank you. I'm very excited about this bike.

Rain didn't show yesterday and I put about 100miles on the bike.

My BMW guy here told me the same thing. The only caveat I got was "don't bang it off the rev limiter all the time". So, I'm not.

John
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2006, 3:03 pm

You talk about me too! My "07" will be here DEC 24th, so I cant have it until Jan15th when the dealer reopens after Christmas! Thats what I get for wanting the Traction control! Congrats!! and enjoy!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2006, 3:10 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Overlander
You talk about me too! My "07" will be here DEC 24th, so I cant have it until Jan15th when the dealer reopens after Christmas! Thats what I get for wanting the Traction control! Congrats!! and enjoy!!
Bummer, that's gutta hurt. But, you'll be all smiles after 1/15/07

John
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2006, 5:37 pm
Enthusiast

mac...., just wondering why you did not wait for a 2007?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2006, 6:15 pm
gwc
Noob

Smile New Ride

Congrats ..... great bike ..... you will love it. I have an 06 ..... no problems.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2006, 8:52 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegun
mac...., just wondering why you did not wait for a 2007?
Got a good price on the '06 and was told not much difference between '06 and '07. I was told that traction control had been delayed for the '07 model but now I wonder. It would be nice to have the new gen brakes too, sooooooooooo........I dunno, maybe I threw up my dress on this one......but I don't think I will end up too unhappy.

This is a little off topic , but I guess if I started the thread, is it really a hi-jack?!? Does anyone have any information on wheather or not putting a slip-on's will void your warranty esp. with reference to valves.

John

Last edited by macman; Dec 17th, 2006 at 9:01 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode