Nav III help--I'm lost - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2006, 9:52 am Thread Starter
drb

Nav III help--I'm lost

I recently purchased and wonderful K1200S with the hardbags GPS promotion. Absolutely love this bike, but I found the Nav III manual that came with the bike to be somewhat lacking in specific instructions for trip programing, location programing, use of blue tooth etc. Being GPS challenged (this is my first) can anyone direct me to a place where I can get more detailed instruction on how to use the GPS. I have been to the Garmin site and they don't seem to offer any manuals or tutorials. My dealer said the rather sparse manual that came the Nav III was all they were aware of. I would like to use the GPS to its fullest extend, as I live in the middle of the US's wide open spaces where there is a lot of remote back country.. The GPS would be helpful in exploring on the K-S. as well as on trips, but I haven't not been able to figure out how to program it. Thanks for any help. Dr. B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2006, 10:24 am

Just Play with it!!

Dr. B:
I have been using aviation-based GPS since it first came out for the General Aviation Pilot in the 90's. We used Loran before that... Anyway, If you want to talk about the initial confusion, try doing it while a controller is yelling at you, other airplanes are "somewhere" in your vicinity, and you have to make a low-minimums approach...

There was only one thing we could do - play with the GPS until we could use it easily in the air. Motorcycles are incredibly similiar except the consequences of veering off course are much more immediate. I suggest you do what we used to do in the 90's: Play with it until you got it down pat.

--Don't worry. You won't break it. There is always a reset button that flys back to "momma" if you ever push too many buttons...

Fly Safe - Whether it be 4' or 10,000' off the ground. With these machines, you truly can pass Cessnas...

Cheers!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2006, 1:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb
I recently purchased and wonderful K1200S with the hardbags GPS promotion. Absolutely love this bike, but I found the Nav III manual that came with the bike to be somewhat lacking in specific instructions for trip programing, location programing, use of blue tooth etc. Being GPS challenged (this is my first) can anyone direct me to a place where I can get more detailed instruction on how to use the GPS. I have been to the Garmin site and they don't seem to offer any manuals or tutorials. My dealer said the rather sparse manual that came the Nav III was all they were aware of. I would like to use the GPS to its fullest extend, as I live in the middle of the US's wide open spaces where there is a lot of remote back country.. The GPS would be helpful in exploring on the K-S. as well as on trips, but I haven't not been able to figure out how to program it. Thanks for any help. Dr. B
I agree with you that the original manual lacks alot of information. If your Nav 111
is registered with Garmin you can go on their website and download the entire
operating manual as I did which is more detailed.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2006, 3:04 pm

The BMW Nav III is similar to the Garmin 2820. You can download the 2820 manual from here: http://www.garmin.com/products/manua...t=010-00517-05

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode