New software available yet?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 5:31 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

New software available yet??

I'm taking the bike in next week for the brake noise fix. I was wondering if anyone knows ( Help Jack :-) if the new software 5.01 or whatever is really out and does it address low rpm fueling issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 8:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
I'm taking the bike in next week for the brake noise fix. I was wondering if anyone knows ( Help Jack :-) if the new software 5.01 or whatever is really out and does it address low rpm fueling issues.
Version 5.01 is delayed, and not out yet...but when, the following is your key to if you will have to update to this version(from 'ManfredH')

Engine update with version K024-05-02-510 is only to be programmed if the release on the bike ("I_STUFE_HO" showed by the CT1 tester) is one on of the following:
K024-03-10-500
... -03-10-510
... -04-03-500
... -04-07-500
... -04-11-500
... -04-11-510
... -04-11-520
... -04-11-530
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 12:08 pm

if that can help ??

my K12 is currently at the workshop for injectors replacement (leaking and bad cold start resulting) and it seems that 06 models have latest software, so older models need complete re-programming when at the workshop (but no official recall program)

that's for the belgian market
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gperformance
my K12 is currently at the workshop for injectors replacement (leaking and bad cold start resulting) and it seems that 06 models have latest software, so older models need complete re-programming when at the workshop (but no official recall program)

that's for the belgian market
That is correct the 2006 models have the new software...and it is this...the version 5.1 is...for the 2006 models, but intended to be used with the 2005 models for better performance and rendering 'hesitation btw 1500/3000 rpm's'
Originally this version was called 5.00, but flaws in 'program' wade a recall of this..and the new substitude is to be called....version 5.1
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 2:54 am

I just took my bike in for it's 6k service , and HOLY COW! Feels like they took away the pretty girl next door and gave me an international Supermodel! No kidding, about a mile out from the dealer I considered turning round and going back because I was sure they'd given me the wrong bike!

Second-gear rollon from closed throttle at walking-pace: Usually gonna land up feeling like a bucking bronco, right? Not now - a smooth, powerful WHOOOOOSH from just over 1,000 revs. Couldn't believe it the first time, so I did it again - and again. Same orgasmic response everytime! God, I didn't think it was possible but I've fallen in love with this bike all over again! Even holding her on part-throttle in the twisties in 3rd gear (between 60/70mph), which before felt like the engine was 'hunting' through the revs, now has her just sitting and feeling immensely competent.

Why am I sitting in front of a computer? I need to be out riding!!

PS: I asked, but couldn't get a straight answer out of the service rep as to which particular version of the software they'd loaded. Didn't seem to matter at the time - I hadn't ridden her yet! Oh, and they did something to the throttle-body as well, according to the job-sheet. All warranty work.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 7:44 am

Visited my dealer today, and they have had the German-language Version 5.1, but was not allowed, by BMW, to use it on Norwegian bikes..... due warranty issues....

Maybe this is the reason for you guys over in USA dont have it yet,....maybe you got the German version too....well here in Norway, my dealer told me that the Version 5.1 is on its way from Germany at last.....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 10:21 am

Yeah, the 06 doesn't have any low speed issues, or medium speed issues, or partial throttle issues; and I've been looking. Just smooooth and powerful under all conditions. It seems the latest software has well and truly corrected things.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:45 pm

I asked about the new software update when I was in for the first service on my '05 - Service manager said that they were just getting the latest update in, but would only offer it if an owner really complains about problems wiith engine management issues. He said that BMW North America will probably not automatically update every '05 KS preferring to update if the dealer and BMW feel the individual bike needs it. I don't think this is official but just based on his understanding.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by furgetboutit
I asked about the new software update when I was in for the first service on my '05 - Service manager said that they were just getting the latest update in, but would only offer it if an owner really complains about problems wiith engine management issues. He said that BMW North America will probably not automatically update every '05 KS preferring to update if the dealer and BMW feel the individual bike needs it. I don't think this is official but just based on his understanding.
Take a look at the post second from top on this page....if any bike comes up with one of those codes , they m u s t do a software up-date, this acc BMW. Weather the owner 'knows' this or not...the policy is..some Service letters/bulletins are..sorted as "re-calls" (those that could render bikes 'safety' and owner will be contacted) and some are rendered .. "until next visit"( not so serious and could be taken at next visit work-shop). Actually believe it or not The Software up-dated goes in the last of priorities ( until next visit)...BUT owners are not to ask for this, it should be offered, or actually done by Workshop under warranty. This is as rules and regulations goes in Europe according my Dealer, just spoke with him today..couldn't even make me believe this 'service' is any differant over the pond...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode