OK, Who owns it? Fess up! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2006, 4:29 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

OK, Who owns it? Fess up!

I stopped by Morton's BMW in Fredricksburg, VA today and right smack in the doorway is a new SOLD K1200S in titan silver and blue. The web pic does not do it justice. The pic is uninteristing; the real bike is amazing. Even the blue wheels look great. Maybe, especially the blue wheels. The black tank looks blacker than the black bike tank.
Congrats if it's yours. The bike is really sharp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	titan_silver_met_cblue.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	4404  

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2006, 7:19 pm
Enthusiast

S

I do like the colors but think they went over the top on the huge S logo. Saw one in person a few weeks ago and the S just seemed to dominate the bike.
Just my view of the world.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbob
... they went over the top on the huge S logo....the S just seemed to dominate the bike.
Nothing a little warm air from a blow dryer couldn't fix in about 2 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 2006, 8:45 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbob
I do like the colors but think they went over the top on the huge S logo. Saw one in person a few weeks ago and the S just seemed to dominate the bike.
Just my view of the world.

agree completely. great bike, great colors, too much tape/decal...

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 2006, 4:43 pm

I hope it is decals! Mine will be here in 13 days. With some spare time itook the paintshop and made the trianglr wider, into more of a rectangle and removed the "S" looked better! Got to redo it! didn't save changes!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 10:59 am
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
I always take off (de-badge) the cheap look'n decals on any vehicle I own. 2t
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0011.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	4420  

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 3:21 pm

2T: was it you that was going to take the sticker off your pipe? How did that go? Frequently, the labels/logos on pipes are metal jobs that are riveted on. I have the BMW/Laser pipe, and it has a small embossed Laser logo on it. It's not so obtrusive, nor is it removable.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 7:12 pm
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
"2T: was it you that was going to take the sticker off your pipe? How did that go? Frequently, the labels/logos on pipes are metal jobs that are riveted on. I have the BMW/Laser pipe, and it has a small embossed Laser logo on it. It's not so obtrusive, nor is it removable."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not much I can do 'cept leave it alone. The rivet holes would need addressing and I, quite frankly, don't mind the HotCam logo anywhere near as much as those ass crack ugly, cheap looking, and tacky K1200R/S side decals. I don't leave dealer stickers or license plate frames on my cars/motorcycles and those decals are 'cold sore on your prom dates mouth' ugly as well . Oh well......2t

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode