A New "S" Owner!! First Opinions Arrrrrg - Page 7 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 12:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeodial
Not sure if I should feel sad or be smiling with your ironic tome. Is it really that bad?
Just smile... its a great machine . Love life and enjoy your biking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Smile Happy 06 S owner; former KRS owner (98, 02)

Vibration: If you are entirely focused on vibration, you will find it. I am a total nutcase on vibration, so I did feel it for a while. If you focus on the overall delightful qualities of the machine, as I am now doing, you will seldom notice it. 1000 miles on the bike now; maybe it is getting better--my 2 previous K-bikes did. I do still kinda notice the decel vibration, but so what?

For someone used to a more conventional riding position (me) it really needs the bar risers. They work just fine.

If there is too much slack in the throttle cable, I notice a lot of "trailer-hitching."

I put a 1-1/4"(?) O-ring between the throttle grip and the end of the handlebar. Makes for less trailer-hitching and does a pretty good job as a makeshift Throttlemeister.

REALLYREALLY like the ride quality. My 5"9' wife does too.

Had to get used to riding above 3K RPM and the kinda clunky shift. Don't notice it now. Can't comment on handling/cornering etc as I am not that aggressive a rider. Hope that the Pirate gets used to the bike, or that it get used to him. Gotta get one of his trick taillights soon!
Overall: Just delighted! Best, Catman

Last edited by Catman; Nov 15th, 2005 at 9:09 pm. Reason: add item
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 1:23 am

Wink Mike!

of course it should be better, some of these things are in the nature of the beast, still bmw should take care...
the new software gives a better immediate reaction on the throttle. before the upgrade there was a little lag between opening the throttle and getting the bike going.
it responds also much better in accelleration when you start from 1500rpm on. this does not cause any "jitter" and believe it or not i've noticed that this helps also the gearbox to be smoother. i did not go from clunck to no clunck, and i didn't drive it for a thousand miles but honestly i "feel" this software to indirectly give better feeling on the gearbox.
where there is no solution (and at this point is because bmw does not want to address the issue) is in the cut off that still reaccellerates the bike at 2700rpm! IT IS COMMON TO THE k1200R and will be common to the gt....but to use the words of the bmw tech person in Italy "maybe that's not the bike for you..."can you imagine?
enjoy!
Eligio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode