Haynes or Clymer? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:42 am Thread Starter

Haynes or Clymer?

Which manual is better for a noob starting to wrench? I just inherited a project bike (1992 Suzuki Intruder 1400... it was free).

Thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:42 pm
Addict

I bought Haynes for years, then they went green and started using recycled paper. The print was so bad you couldn't read it easily and in the workshop it was a magnet for dirt and grime. The wiring diagrams were so poor on the last car manual I bought I had to specially request via email a hi res pdf so I could actually use the diagram.

Then I bought the KRS Clymer and that's superb, more like the oem GM workshop manuals I used to use. I've used it to do some pretty extensive bike work so it's not something I just bought to read. Perhaps Haynes have come up a bit and I'm being unfair, the USA Haynes is different to what we get in UK or the KRS Clymer isn't representative of others.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 6:15 pm

If you can afford it, buy both. It's nice to have more than one reference for tricky jobs.

If you want only one, I prefer Clymer for what it's worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 6:28 pm Thread Starter

Thanks, guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode