Front Wheel Chock - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2007, 9:44 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Front Wheel Chock

I was wondering how many of you park your bike overnight while it is being held only by a front wheel chock system(Baxley, Wheeldock,etc.)? Does whatever system you use "feel secure" and not leave you hoping that you will find the bike in the same position as you left it in the morning?

I have just about had it with humping this monster on the centerstand every night just to check the oil and to make sure it doesn't smoke on start-up, to all the neighbor's amusement. And then have to gingerly pull it off the stand every morning.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2007, 11:35 am

A Baxley from Pirate fixed us right up for Mary's R1200S. Just ride right into it and its perfectly stable. the R1200S doesn't have a centerstand so we wanted something like that to check oil, work on the bike, etc. Constructed very well. Use with confidence.

geo
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2007, 11:46 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geothepencil
A Baxley from Pirate fixed us right up for Mary's R1200S. Just ride right into it and its perfectly stable. the R1200S doesn't have a centerstand so we wanted something like that to check oil, work on the bike, etc. Constructed very well. Use with confidence.

geo
George

Baxley makes two chocks, the LA Chock and the Sport Chock. Which one did you buy.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
George

Baxley makes two chocks, the LA Chock and the Sport Chock. Which one did you buy.
We bought the sport model. Also bought the mounting hardware for trailer mounting at the same time. One other use I saw was at the national MOA rally, and one dealer had put 2 bike in sport chocks outside the exhibition hall and only secured them with a tie around the front wheel. Saw various folks climbing all over the bikes naturally, and there was no problem with stability there either.

Baxley says the sport model is for 17" front tires.

geo
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2007, 1:53 pm
Addict

I have a Baxley Sport Chock.

I'd feel secure leaving it in there all winter with nothing else. I use the kick stand at night, but the Baxley chock is very secure for my KR

2006 K1200R/Full Remus Powercone/Left Intake/Booster Plug

Country Rode Motowerks SUCKS, click here to read why
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2007, 6:36 pm
Veteran

Baxley Sport chock. great, more secure than the spindly side stand on the KS. no problem

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode