Can anyone advise - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2007, 3:54 pm Thread Starter

Can anyone advise

I am looking to do a strait swap my 16,500 miles 2005 k1200s fully loaded with a standard 2006 gt with 34k full service history on the bike in mint condition and wondering is this wise or do i forget doing it !!!PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2007, 9:22 pm
Looking for better limits...

Tough call...both are first-year runs, so that's a push. Here in the U.S., the GT is just about out of warranty. I believe the S has most of the bugs sorted out, while the GT is still working it's way through the maze.

The magic 8 ball says...."Maybe".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2007, 8:16 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adie
I am looking to do a strait swap my 16,500 miles 2005 k1200s fully loaded with a standard 2006 gt with 34k full service history on the bike in mint condition and wondering is this wise or do i forget doing it !!!PLEASE HELP!!!
On paper it appears as if you are getting the better of the deal other than you will be out of warranty on the GT very shortly (ooops, perhaps your 'k' was for km's rather than thousand/1024...if so, warranty not a biggie). Perhaps the more important question is that the bikes are really quite different. I've owned the 'S' and an '06 GT, and an '07 GT' and IMO like night and day in terms of S more sport and GT more touring. But, if touring with gobs of torque/power, well, GT deal seems deal seems too good to be true? And, it may not be????? I suspect from your write-up NO ESA, but, IMO, ESA more a gimmick than an absolute need. Then again, just my opinion.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2007, 9:42 am
Addict

i don't think i'd swap your "S" with 16.5K on the clock for a GT with 34K which is more than twice the mileage of your bilke.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2007, 11:37 am

34K miles....seems like a PROVEN bike.....definately not a lemon. Should be a good swap. If you ask me...your K1200s has alot of miles for a sport bike....whereas 34K miles for a touring bike is really nothing at all.....especially if they are all hiway miles. Remember...the mighty K is built to go 250K miles if taken care of.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode