How to lose the fogging? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2007, 6:29 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
Cool How to lose the fogging?

Does anyone have any products,ideas as to minimize the fogging of windscreens,mirrors,as well as your helmet visor? It's getting colder here below 30
degrees and depending on the moisture in the air the extent of fogging varies day to day!
I'm one of the many who are required by law to wear my prescription glasses as well thereby increasing the dilemma expotentially!! :think:

Any ideas appreciated mucho!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:02 am

Here's an option for your specs. I too have the same problem. I have a no-fog visor shield, but my specs always fog up.

http://www.speedsupplies.com/accesso....asp?item=6375

Here's the visor insert:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--615500.html
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2007, 12:09 pm
Would rather be riding

Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by prt1gue
Does anyone have any products,ideas as to minimize the fogging of windscreens,mirrors,as well as your helmet visor? It's getting colder here below 30
degrees and depending on the moisture in the air the extent of fogging varies day to day!
I'm one of the many who are required by law to wear my prescription glasses as well thereby increasing the dilemma expotentially!!
The fog city shields are great. My Dianese Councourse helmet came with a similar insert pane, and it works great too. I'd go with that over any kind of fog juice, it's a lot more convenient too.

Not much you can do about the specs. I wore glasses for a long time, and often wear sunglasses now. Keeping them warm helps, put them and your helmet on when you're indoors.

Other things you could try: contact lenses, lasiks, hold your breath, or learn to breathe through your ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2007, 3:49 pm
Addict-oholic

I wear glasses under my helmet also. I usually have the visor fogging up at slow speeds. I have to pop the visor open a crack, but it only helps a bit. I usually put a light coating of some anti fog stuff that I get at the ski shop. Rub on and wipe off, and it works on the glasses almost all of the time. I tried putting some of the stuff on the visor inside, but it is not as effective as letting air in. Not a major problem. The cold weather is worse!

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2007, 5:41 pm
Veteran

Rain X makes a product called Anti Fog.....I have used it....seems to work ok...But.....istead of fog you get water droplets....but the only real way to get rid of fog without the water droplets is air flow....but i works pretty well

http://www.rainx.com/

Last edited by BAK04GT; Nov 27th, 2007 at 5:47 pm.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2007, 8:51 pm
Looking for better limits...

There are some other products out that I've tried. I've stuck with KleerVu as it lasts about two days before needing re-application. I also tried FogTech. It doesn't dry...so anything that touches the glasses or face shield after it's applied causes a bit of distortion. So, you end up having to re-apply it to smooth things out.

But, summer time is better than both...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze

Last edited by Razel; Dec 2nd, 2007 at 12:53 am. Reason: Replaced missing text
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2007, 1:39 am
Veteran

fog city inserts on the visor. i wear glasses too, and they always fog. i have used and currently use the "anti-fog" spray cleaner/treatment. I'm not sure it really works, but it is an inexpensive attempt.

my buddy rides a R1200GS year around. He wears a Ski-Doo snowmobile helmet that is DOT approved and i think Snell rated. He swears by that thing. He used it to go all the way to alaska from california a month ago.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2007, 8:37 pm
Addict

Scorpion helmets have an anti fog shield that actually works, but the helmets are kinda heavy and not that comfy compared to Shoei, etc. Too bad their technology isn't in all makes of helmets.

Deb and Dean Sauer
Golden, CO

The cure for boredom is riding motorcycles, and there is no cure for riding motorcycles...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 3:24 am
Veteran

is it a special shield? i have a scorpion and love it. i leave the shoei on the shelf and i sold one of them. i think it is the glasses that fog since i have never actually noticed fogging on the shield.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 7:12 am
Veteran

Come to think of it...Good ol' spit...will work.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode