Motorcycle air bag - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 9:13 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Motorcycle air bag

January 25, 2008 More than 10 years in the making, the Dainese D-Air Racing system is a new type of rider protection technology that uses a series of accelerometers and electronically operated rate gyros to deploy an airbag mounted in the aerodynamic hump of a leather racing suit when things go wrong on the racetrack. Taking only 40 milliseconds to trigger, the system provides protection for the neck, shoulder and collarbone, cushioning the falling rider before they hit the ground. Airbags have recently appeared into the world of motorcycles with examples like Hondaís airbag-equipped Goldwing and ripcord-operated inflating jackets from Motoair and Hit-Air. The difference with the Dainese system - which is currently aimed specifically at the racing environment - is that it does not require any connection to the motorcycle, kicking-in during front low-side, back lowside or high-side falls.

http://www.gizmag.com/dainese-d-air-...picture/41830/

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 5:49 pm
Addict

Not much new in bike protection for years, just improvements in the same old stuff.By the nature of the beast it will never be possible to be completely safe I know,but, when I see things like this I am inspired and hopeful. Maybe I'm just getting older and taking to dam long to heal now is why I'm getting more interested!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2008, 8:16 pm
Enthusiast

I thought 2t was a motorcycle air bag?

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
If you can't run with the big dogs.... stay on the porch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2008, 5:49 am

We are giving away a Hit-Air jacket in Feb.

Shame it's only for Australian members to our forums

Looks the business but I'd rather not crash. The last one had me off work for 6 months and a scar that is longer than my pecker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode