R1200GS interloper..... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2008, 4:54 am Thread Starter
Noob

R1200GS interloper.....

Came upon the forum after a link was posted on another forum to a copy of a BMW Bulletin on the subject of squeaky brakes.......found it here

Had to join up to search the forum so thought it'd be rude not to say hi while I'm here...

Hi!

May well have to check back from time to time, lots of interesting stuff here.....great forum

Back to why I'm here, researching squealing brakes..........case of too much time on my hands as I still can't ride after a crash June2006!! :wtf Hope to be back on the road soon now though

Hey...............RIDE SAFE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:28 am Thread Starter
Noob

Wow, 'interloper' was right..............nobody saying hi?! :shrug:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:11 pm
Addict

All I can squeek out is....OOOUUCCCHHHHH!!!!!

that looks really painful!

folks will come around, I think most of us are riding the majority of the time

Oh yeah...hello!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:39 pm

Wow Andy,

Sorry to see that X-Ray, good luck with the healing. Looks like a complete tibial shaft fracture and a tibial plateau fracture (displaced?) as well - which can be real nasty.

Hope your back to riding soon.

KC
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:42 pm
Addict

Inquiring minds would like to know how you managed to break all those bones!!

good luck on the healing process....and....did I say OOUCCCHHH already??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:42 pm

Wink

I aint no doctor but I bet that's gonna leave a mark. Now don't do that again!!
It sounds like you've managed to keep a positive attitude (read as "hope to be back on the road soon")
Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of great people here. (and a rare horses ass here and there)

it is un-natural for man to be in a cage
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2008, 6:27 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinC
Wow Andy,

Sorry to see that X-Ray, good luck with the healing. Looks like a complete tibial shaft fracture and a tibial plateau fracture (displaced?) as well - which can be real nasty.

Hope your back to riding soon.

KC
Consultants are pretty happy with the way my Tibial plateau 'fixed' all things considered but too early to say what long term effects there will be on my knee joint (at the moment bending the knee is somewhat restricted).
Tibia shaft - so bad that I suffered what's termed a 'non union' i.e. so smashed up that it would not heal/fix for nearly 9 months - further surgery (insertion of Bone Morphogenetic Protein!) and further compression of the site via the Taylor Spatial Frame got things going thankfully!!!!!!!!
My foot was badly 'broken' as well and long term I think that'll give me most trouble.........all in all, lucky to keep my leg and I'm happy to be where I am now! :-)

It's been a long haul, having an external fixator (Taylor Spatial Frame) on your leg for 14 months is just something else!...........could have been worse though!
A 'pictorial history' (photos/xrays etc) here:
http://www.andyw-inuk.smugmug.com/ga...QoHH#241591493

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbikin
Inquiring minds would like to know how you managed to break all those bones!!

good luck on the healing process....and....did I say OOUCCCHHH already??
A lorry (truck) turned across me, so I hit kinda side ways on right below the cab - what did the damage was the steel steps up to the cab:
Foot rammed under the bottom step crushed between that and the bike's foot peg - such was the force that the steel step (designed to take the weight of 20+ stone truckers!!!!) folded and so the next step smashed my tibia :wtf
MZ Mastiff 660 written off but my R1200GS is sat in the garage waiting for me :-)

Quote:
....I aint no doctor but I bet that's gonna leave a mark
A few battle scars but not bad considering the original injuries open fractures (the kind where chunks of bone protrude through flesh :wtf ) - see link to more photos above

Quote:
...It sounds like you've managed to keep a positive attitude (read as "hope to be back on the road soon")
Funny how you always wonder "how do they deal/cope with that?" - then something happens and you do! :-) I just kept reminding myself "it could have been worse" and "there's lots of people dealing with much worse" and so on. Looking forward to being on two wheels again, I guess I'm addicted to the whole biking thing.

Cheers guys

Ride Safe!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2008, 6:49 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW
Had to join up to search the forum so thought it'd be rude not to say hi while I'm here...

Hi!
Welcome Tosser

Glad it's healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode