Newbee to K1200RS life...love it - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2008, 7:00 am Thread Starter

Newbee to K1200RS life...love it

Hello friends I have just purchased a K1200RS 2004 model with 10K miles. Got about 250 miles on it riding solo and with the wife in last two days. I love this thing...lol. I know zip about this bike, which is the way I do most things...jump in and swim or sink. I have had several bikes since I was ten years old I am 55 and counting right now. I live in Lonoke Arkansas and have access to lots of great riding roads. In all my riding through the years I believe I have seen one BMW....So I guess they aren't to popular around red neck country. I checked out Yamaha 1200 tourer, Honda ST1300 and this model. This was the only one I could flat foot the thing and that was the deciding factor. Maybe a lame reason but I like to have my feet on the ground to move around the parking lots.
Take care a friend on the road.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2008, 8:36 am

Congratulations on your new '04 KRS. Sweet bike, enjoy and ride safe.
Show us some pics - FlagRS

'04 K1200RS
'07 R1200RT
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Addict

Hey Barny,
Sorry, I couldn't resist that. Welcome to the forum and the BMW KRS. Everyone is here to help so "jump in" here and don't be skeert. There's a wealth of credible knowledge here for the KRS so enjoy. Congratulations, good luck, and welcome again.
See you in the RS/GT threads

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2008, 10:58 pm
Addict

Glad to have you join.

I was off bikes for 12 years and got a 2002 K1200RS, I liked it so much after 2 1/2 years and 36,000 miles I traded it for a 2004 K1200RS. plus $5,000. bucks.
I would have spent more than that fixin and painting the 2002.

Two items I do promote is an after market exhaust and at 20,000 miles or before new after market shocks.

have fun
Bazra
aka: The Flash
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 6:06 am

In there with you

I just bought a 2002 k1200RS in show room condition with 24K miles on it. I am 56 and this will be my third beemer...can't seem to get away from them. I love the flow and lines of the bike. I seen it as an opportunity to own another classic BMW, its the two tone model, silver and red. I also live in Arkansas, Russellville area, and I agree, no better roads to ride anywhere in the US. I live only two miles from route 7. Also love to ride the pigs trail on route 23. Keep it safe.
Moonman
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 11:57 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes180
Hello friends I know zip about this bike, which is the way I do most things...jump in and swim or sink. ..
Here's the answer to your first question. not that you've asked it yet, but you will

they all make that noise, it's commonly referred to as the "box of rocks" sound.

Welcome aboard

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 4:51 pm
Looking for better limits...

Get two things...1) Some driving/fog lights to "help" the headlight, and re-aim the headlight up

2) Get a radar detector. It will become obvious why shortly

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 6:11 pm

K bike

Good luck with the new bike its a great bike. Watch you speed it easy to go faster than you thing. Be safe.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2008, 7:31 am Thread Starter

First thousand miles of smiles

I have to say I am still smiling....did I mention that I am still smiling. This bike is such a different animal from anything I have ever owned or ridden. I mentioned to a friend 'it makes me wonder what else I have been missing at 55 years old'.
And this forum is just awesome. Thanks to all of you who contribute. I have been reading and reading between rides. Had my first maintenance problem last Friday night. But was able to go to Walley World to get parts to fix it. Reading again I found that this is a very common problem and that many think it should be a recall item. Fuel line quick disconnect cracked and sprayed fuel out the right side of the bike like it was a port thruster lol.
Smiling while driving is healthy and occationally you get a snack!
take
care
and
again
Ride Ride Ride....
David B.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2008, 2:18 pm

My first BMW was an '00 K1200RS that I bought April '01 from Adventure BMW in Chesapeake, VA. It was their demo bike and had its 600 mile service done. I had the great pleasure of riding it gome from the dealer to my house in northeastern Maryland....in the rain. And to make matters worse, it was the end of the Myrtle Beach bike week and there were all sorts of HD's on the road (well, mostly trailered).

I put 6,000 miles on the bike and sold it in early 2003 when I moved to Northern Virginia. I missed that bike for four years and the urge to ride started again. I just picked up an '07 K1200S after trying out a Suzuki Katana 600 and a VFR800. That's how much of an impression that RS left on me regarding BMW bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode