Anyone Get The Zumo/Camos/WiRevo To Work? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 4:10 pm Thread Starter

Anyone Get The Zumo/Camos/WiRevo To Work?

Posted this on page six of the, New Bluetooth Helmet System Thread, but thought it might get lost, so I'm posting as a new topic.

If you've gotten the Zumo/Camos/WiRevo combination to work, please share how. I'm stumped. As you read, you'll discover my difficulty must be with the WiRevo/Camos pairing. At least I think I've narrowed it to that.

Having a heck of a time getting the WiRevo into the mix. Had no problems pairing the Camos 600 with Zumo, or the Zumo to my iPhone. Everything works great. Can make calls, listen to music, get directions. No problems. However, when I try to add the WiRevo, that's when things go cahfluey!

Followed the directions provided by the folks at benchmarkhelmets.com, Pairing Stereo Adaptor

1. Pair Camos to Zumo - Fine - Little headset icon appears on Zumo screen.
2. Before turnig Zumo off, change Bluetooth audio to, "Phone Only" - No problems there.
3. Prepare Camos to pair with WiRevo - Toggle dip switch from 1 to 2, and back to 1, fine. Camos light blinking rapidly.
4. Hold menu button on WiRevo while turning unit on. Lights flash, eventually only blue light flashing.
5. Turn on Zumo
6. Plug in WiRevo adaptor using the plug with the headset icon, turn volume up on WiRevo
7. Select MP3 player, play a song, hear nothing.
8. Select navigation - hear nothing
9. Make a call - no problems.
10. Go back in Zumo, change Bluetooth audio to, "Navigation, MP3, Phone", voila, hear everything, but nothing in stereo.
11. Turn off WiRevo, doesn't make a difference.

There must be something I'm missing somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

I think the WiRevo is paired correctly to the Camos, because if I turn the WiRevo off, then back on, I hear some little beeps.

This is a great system, if I can get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 4:40 pm
Noob

I'm not sure about this but I think the bluetooth in the Zumo isn't bluetooth 2.0 A2DP(Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
I'm currently on hold with garmin (28 minutes) as I'm typing this because I'm interested in this exact setup myself.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 4:43 pm
Noob

That's what it is....the bluetooth in the zumo 550 isn't stereo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefeb
Posted this on page six of the, New Bluetooth Helmet System Thread, but thought it might get lost, so I'm posting as a new topic.

If you've gotten the Zumo/Camos/WiRevo combination to work, please share how. I'm stumped. As you read, you'll discover my difficulty must be with the WiRevo/Camos pairing. At least I think I've narrowed it to that.

Having a heck of a time getting the WiRevo into the mix. Had no problems pairing the Camos 600 with Zumo, or the Zumo to my iPhone. Everything works great. Can make calls, listen to music, get directions. No problems. However, when I try to add the WiRevo, that's when things go cahfluey!

Followed the directions provided by the folks at benchmarkhelmets.com, Pairing Stereo Adaptor

1. Pair Camos to Zumo - Fine - Little headset icon appears on Zumo screen.
2. Before turnig Zumo off, change Bluetooth audio to, "Phone Only" - No problems there.
3. Prepare Camos to pair with WiRevo - Toggle dip switch from 1 to 2, and back to 1, fine. Camos light blinking rapidly.
4. Hold menu button on WiRevo while turning unit on. Lights flash, eventually only blue light flashing.
5. Turn on Zumo
6. Plug in WiRevo adaptor using the plug with the headset icon, turn volume up on WiRevo
7. Select MP3 player, play a song, hear nothing.
8. Select navigation - hear nothing
9. Make a call - no problems.
10. Go back in Zumo, change Bluetooth audio to, "Navigation, MP3, Phone", voila, hear everything, but nothing in stereo.
11. Turn off WiRevo, doesn't make a difference.

There must be something I'm missing somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

I think the WiRevo is paired correctly to the Camos, because if I turn the WiRevo off, then back on, I hear some little beeps.

This is a great system, if I can get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd1auBnI_dw

see if this helps

it seems like you have it, try to get the wirevo and headset paired then test it with something with a headset port (cd-player, ipod, etc). if that isn't working, you may just have a defective d1000. we don't always check the forums, so please email [email protected] or call us at 866.622.0221 if you need further assistance. you should be getting full stereo sound and cell integration with the current set up you have (camos headset, zumo 550, wirevo d1000)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 5:17 pm
Noob

Back again...I just called Benchmark Helmets and they told me that what you have should work, call them at (949) 544-1735.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2008, 11:22 pm
Addict

Camos Update?

I was wondering how this came out. Just saw on Scooter Shop website that Camos 600 has been replaced with moedl 200 and 300. Wondering if anyone has taken this any farther?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 10:24 pm
Addict

Well replying to myself, I just ordered the new Camos BTS 200 that I will be linking to Zumo 550 for Nav, XM and MP3 in Stereo bluetooth. Still working on how to get Valentine radar audio alerts in there too. Will advise.

Larry

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Addict

Here's what I found - It works!

See my post at:

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=55

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 5:43 pm

How is the BTS 200 working for you, I'm thinking about purchasing the unit to hook it up with my Zumo 550 and blackberry.
Just like to make sure that the unit works correct before I fork out about $ 200.00.

Thanks for your reply.

2007 K1200GT
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 2:37 pm
Addict

BTS 200 and WiREvo are working great with my Zumo 550. All functions are working. I love it. $209 at The Helmet Shop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode