1st week ...
I got my K1200RS exactly one week ago. I put slightly over 350 mls on it, and that includes a couple of miles two up riding.
- the bike. its beautiful, even though the design is 8 years old, it still looks good (in an E36 kind of way that is)
- the power. i'm coming from a F650GS.
- the power. did i say that ?
- the mirrors. i actually get to see whats behind me (which is, of course, everything that was in front of me just a moment ago.
- the engine rattle. very unique. no kidding.
- the staintune exhaust. i hated it first, but i got so used to it now, i couldn't ride without it any more. plus my helmet gets so loud over 60 mph, i don't hear the exhaust no more.
- the ride is so planted.....i would give the bike to absolute beginners, no questions. there is nothing you can do wrong once its moving.
I don't like
- filling it up, i only get approx 4 gallons in there. nozzle shuts off, no way to top it off
- the seargent seat stinks. need to swap for a BMW comfort seat
- the oil change i just paid $77 for
- the tires. i got the BT's, but like the Metzlers much better
- the engine heat. is it actually burning gas or is it a nuclear reactor ? where's all the heat coming from ?
- the fact that i ride the same brand our uniformed friends ride as well. who would set out to get a ford interceptor ........
so much for now. i need to get it registered tomorrow. Thats going to be quite a treat, since I bought it from a guy who is suffering from a rather unfortunate fate. his brother sold it with a power if attorney, so everything points to an interesting discussion with the DMV clerk then. if you hear about it in the news, then it went really bad.
keep safe. cheers.