1st week ... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2008, 10:43 pm Thread Starter

1st week ...

Greetings

I got my K1200RS exactly one week ago. I put slightly over 350 mls on it, and that includes a couple of miles two up riding.
i like....
- the bike. its beautiful, even though the design is 8 years old, it still looks good (in an E36 kind of way that is)
- the power. i'm coming from a F650GS.
- the power. did i say that ?
- the mirrors. i actually get to see whats behind me (which is, of course, everything that was in front of me just a moment ago.
- the engine rattle. very unique. no kidding.
- the staintune exhaust. i hated it first, but i got so used to it now, i couldn't ride without it any more. plus my helmet gets so loud over 60 mph, i don't hear the exhaust no more.
- the ride is so planted.....i would give the bike to absolute beginners, no questions. there is nothing you can do wrong once its moving.

I don't like
- filling it up, i only get approx 4 gallons in there. nozzle shuts off, no way to top it off
- the seargent seat stinks. need to swap for a BMW comfort seat
- the oil change i just paid $77 for
- the tires. i got the BT's, but like the Metzlers much better
- the engine heat. is it actually burning gas or is it a nuclear reactor ? where's all the heat coming from ?
- the fact that i ride the same brand our uniformed friends ride as well. who would set out to get a ford interceptor ........

so much for now. i need to get it registered tomorrow. Thats going to be quite a treat, since I bought it from a guy who is suffering from a rather unfortunate fate. his brother sold it with a power if attorney, so everything points to an interesting discussion with the DMV clerk then. if you hear about it in the news, then it went really bad.

keep safe. cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2008, 11:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by flag2carrot
Greetings

I got my K1200RS exactly one week ago. I put slightly over 350 mls on it, and that includes a couple of miles two up riding.

- the seargent seat stinks. need to swap for a BMW comfort seat

keep safe. cheers.
Don't be too quick to get rid of that sergeant. There are a LOT of people who don't find the stock 'Comfort' seat very comfortable. See if you can borrow one for a days ride. I have one in my garage, but I'm not close.

"Lord, Be Kind to Me....the Sea is
So Big, and My Boat is SO Small"

2002 K12RS
Dave
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2008, 12:10 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheAffable
Don't be too quick to get rid of that sergeant. There are a LOT of people who don't find the stock 'Comfort' seat very comfortable. See if you can borrow one for a days ride. I have one in my garage, but I'm not close.
Hmmm...no, you're not close. But I'm not that far away...and I think the Comfort seat is the cat's meow after riding an RS with the stock seat. And after a three-day stint on a Triumph Bonneville, it's luxurious.

Just have to figure out a time and place, I suppose. This and next weekend are booked, but June 21st? I can get my latte then, too.

...and discuss fueling techniques.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser SŲze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode