A Good Clean Harley Kill - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 8:22 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

A Good Clean Harley Kill

Well, I'm on my way home from the office. The temp is 97* and traffic is moderate. I was going to stop at a Chevron near the office but when I got there it's closed. Yellow caution tape around all the islands.

I think to myself, I'll stop at the one on the way home just off the freeway. I'll just have to go past it, flip a bitch, and fuel.

Coming off the freeway, I split the lane and filter to the front at the red light. I'm in the number two of three lanes plus a double left turner. I saw a lot of traffic on the approach to the light plus a Harley in the number 1 lane so I don't want to fight my way over with all the merging cagers.

I'm stopped at the light splitting the number two and three and the Harley splits number one and two. It's a very long light, lite rail goes by and makes the light even longer. The Harley guy, dressed in shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and brain bucket keeps blipping the throttle. Several times he blips the trottle, each time with progressively higher RPM's. Did I mention it's 97*?

I'm thinking to myself, I've got about 110 to 125 yards going up before there's a left turn cut-out in the median so I can flip it and get fuel. No way is this guy gonna try and drag race me off the line with his 65 hp antique noise maker. The Harley was no more than a year or two old. Blipping, blipping, blipping the throttle. I'm just setting there enjoying the idle sound coming from my 167 hp time machine coming out of my Leo Vince, hoping the light changes 'cause I need some air moving around me.

No ones in the on coming left turn so I know the lights gonna be quick to turn when it's our turn.

The light finally turns green and guess what? He want's to race. The guy pin's it WOT off the line. I got off to a brisk start knowing I need to pull to the left two lanes to get in front of the line up and make my turn.

The guys serious. He's trying to drag me from the light! We've just gotten about 3/4 through this large intersection and he ain't back'en off. I don't want to fall in behind him and risk some wantabe tuner "racer" (there's lots of them out here) plugging up my spot and putting me at risk. So, whatta I do. I don't pin it. I give about 3/4 throttle and smoke him while my front wheel is about 3 or 4 inches off the asphalt, slide over in front of him. I checked my mirror to make sure he was falling back, and oh....... was he falling back. Getting real tiny in my rear view.

I'm in the left turn lane, at a full and complete stop for about 3 seconds before he goes by, just looking straight ahead like all he ever wanted to do was just cruise.

K1200S $20,000.00, Mods $$$$$$?, Gear $1,000.00, smok'en this douche.................................... Priceless.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
If you can't run with the big dogs.... stay on the porch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:49 pm
JCW
contributor

I love V-rods that think they are bad ass fast.

3-4 inches off the ground. Sweet!

People in the cages must have been like, damn motorcycles. Always racing. At least you give them a good show.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:51 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
I love V-rods that think they are bad ass fast.

3-4 inches off the ground. Sweet!

People in the cages must have been like, damn motorcycles. Always racing. At least you give them a good show.

I know. I know.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:25 pm
TXS
Rookie

That was very irresponsible of you.

On another note. What is a good RPM to launch from? Not that I want to be irresponsible. I am just a bit scared of my bikes power. Yeah, I am still afraid. I have only opened it up WOT froma rolling stop about 7 times.

Sorry for the digression. DAMN RIGHT YOU BEAT HIM!!!!! WHOOT!!!

"Life is too important to be taken seriously."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:37 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXS
That was very irresponsible of you.

On another note. What is a good RPM to launch from? Not that I want to be irresponsible. I am just a bit scared of my bikes power. Yeah, I am still afraid. I have only opened it up WOT froma rolling stop about 7 times.

Sorry for the digression. DAMN RIGHT YOU BEAT HIM!!!!! WHOOT!!!
I'm too skeerd to launch. I just ease the clutch and pin it.

John
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 5:06 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman
Well, I'm on my way home from the office. The temp is 97* and traffic is moderate. I was going to stop at a Chevron near the office but when I got there it's closed. Yellow caution tape around all the islands.

I think to myself, I'll stop at the one on the way home just off the freeway. I'll just have to go past it, flip a bitch, and fuel.

Coming off the freeway, I split the lane and filter to the front at the red light. I'm in the number two of three lanes plus a double left turner. I saw a lot of traffic on the approach to the light plus a Harley in the number 1 lane so I don't want to fight my way over with all the merging cagers.

I'm stopped at the light splitting the number two and three and the Harley splits number one and two. It's a very long light, lite rail goes by and makes the light even longer. The Harley guy, dressed in shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and brain bucket keeps blipping the throttle. Several times he blips the trottle, each time with progressively higher RPM's. Did I mention it's 97*?

I'm thinking to myself, I've got about 110 to 125 yards going up before there's a left turn cut-out in the median so I can flip it and get fuel. No way is this guy gonna try and drag race me off the line with his 65 hp antique noise maker. The Harley was no more than a year or two old. Blipping, blipping, blipping the throttle. I'm just setting there enjoying the idle sound coming from my 167 hp time machine coming out of my Leo Vince, hoping the light changes 'cause I need some air moving around me.

No ones in the on coming left turn so I know the lights gonna be quick to turn when it's our turn.

The light finally turns green and guess what? He want's to race. The guy pin's it WOT off the line. I got off to a brisk start knowing I need to pull to the left two lanes to get in front of the line up and make my turn.

The guys serious. He's trying to drag me from the light! We've just gotten about 3/4 through this large intersection and he ain't back'en off. I don't want to fall in behind him and risk some wantabe tuner "racer" (there's lots of them out here) plugging up my spot and putting me at risk. So, whatta I do. I don't pin it. I give about 3/4 throttle and smoke him while my front wheel is about 3 or 4 inches off the asphalt, slide over in front of him. I checked my mirror to make sure he was falling back, and oh....... was he falling back. Getting real tiny in my rear view.

I'm in the left turn lane, at a full and complete stop for about 3 seconds before he goes by, just looking straight ahead like all he ever wanted to do was just cruise.

K1200S $20,000.00, Mods $$$$$$?, Gear $1,000.00, smok'en this douche.................................... Priceless.
Getting your front wheel up just like that, Im curious how tall you are?

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold

Last edited by Dadicool59; Jun 20th, 2008 at 6:08 am.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 9:35 am

An excellent read.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 11:07 am
Enthusiast

Call me immature and irresponsible, but I act the way you did all the time while on my KR. If someone manages to sneak up and pass me, I instinctively drop a gear or two and blow past them, preferably with the front wheel off the ground.

There is not much sport in killing Harley's, but fun to kill none the less. My preference is smoked squid.

Ed
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 11:17 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12R
Call me immature and irresponsible, but I act the way you did all the time while on my KR. If someone manages to sneak up and pass me, I instinctively drop a gear or two and blow past them, preferably with the front wheel off the ground.

There is not much sport in killing Harley's, but fun to kill none the less. My preference is smoked squid.
I don't normally do this but as I said in the OP I needed to get over. I agree, kill'en a Harley is like shooting ducks on a pond...... not much sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba
An excellent read.
Thanks, I was just trying to tell a funny story.

John
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman
I don't normally do this but as I said in the OP I needed to get over. I agree, kill'en a Harley is like shooting ducks on a pond...... not much sport.

Thanks, I was just trying to tell a funny story.
I rode with an old timer (R100RT) nicest guy in the world, anyway one day he's on this 100 mile return trip and 3 Harleys blast past him then slow down forcing him to pass, this goes on about 3 times old Jack drops the RT down a notch and puts it to her, he gives the Harleys the finger as he blast by, they soon receded in his mirrors
Those guys pissed me off he said later

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode